UnevenEdge

Assassination Classroom Episode 20 "Karma Time/Second Period" Discussion!!

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

This show seems so innocent at times but then they had this psycho over the top villain who eats with his gun and sucks on it, and that other episode where the girls got kidnapped and nearly got forced into rape by coercion.  Also apparently Koro-sensei is a creeper harrasser.  The show's tone is all over the place.

As Koro-sensei would say I think, the world is not a simple place. :)

14 hours ago, ben0119 said:

What does that mean?  I thought he was saying hon' (short for honey) lol.

They explained it last week, it's a samurai speech thing, at least that's what he claims.

14 hours ago, Daos said:

IN THIS WORLD MAGIC IS EVERYTHING

AND YET ASTA FOUND A WAY

14 hours ago, elfie said:

YAS QUEEN!!! SLAY EM!!

Words can't describe how much I hate the whole "yas queen slay" phrase, but the way you said it - both the exclamation points midway and the extra word at the end - is one of the less rage-inducing instances in which I've heard it.

14 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Is Nagisa's VA a woman?

Yessir. Lindsay Seidel. Other characters she's voiced on the block include Nejire (My Hero Academia), Gabi (Attack on Titan) and Akane (Gridman).

Spoiler

And yet I know her best from her role as Kyoko in Is This a Zombie.

14 hours ago, mochi said:

well at least they never had him learn nagisa was a guy and projectile vomit or turn blue with anal rape terror like literally every other anime would have

Something tells me that if he found out Nagisa was a dude, he'd just be even more turned on. And that something might be more on me than it is him.

13 hours ago, mochi said:

CLIFF HANGER!

Hanging from a cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiff... and that's why he's called Cliff Hanger!

13 hours ago, ben0119 said:

This show seems so innocent at times but then they had this psycho over the top villain who eats with his gun and sucks on it, and that other episode where the girls got kidnapped and nearly got forced into rape by coercion.  Also apparently Koro-sensei is a creeper harrasser.  The show's tone is all over the place.

For me, the tone of Ass Class can be summed up with three simple words:

[inhales]

FUCK MAIN CAMPUS!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2021 at 4:27 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Something tells me that if he found out Nagisa was a dude, he'd just be even more turned on. And that something might be more on me than it is him.

YsuYE9JajbBh-susNvtyFu7RiEsqYV4qt5lBDPJT

On 2/7/2021 at 4:27 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Hanging from a cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiff... and that's why he's called Cliff Hanger!

GlaringEqualAtlasmoth-small.gif

WeakEmbellishedCock-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 2

On 2/7/2021 at 3:27 PM, PokeNirvash said:

They explained it last week, it's a samurai speech thing, at least that's what he claims.

Yessir. Lindsay Seidel. Other characters she's voiced on the block include Nejire (My Hero Academia), Gabi (Attack on Titan) and Akane (Gridman).

Reveal hidden contents

And yet I know her best from her role as Kyoko in Is This a Zombie.

For me, the tone of Ass Class can be summed up with three simple words:

[inhales]

FUCK MAIN CAMPUS!!!

Oh ok.  I've never heard that before in an anime.  Maybe it is something that was in other shows but never carried over to dubs.

Oh ok.  I was trying to figure out who Gabi reminds me of, though this is probably the wrong thread for it.  The "excited girl" character, makes me think of Hange, or Black Clover's Sally.  None of them share VAs though.  I will say that Lindsay Seidel sure has some range though.  So does Trina Nishimura, playing both Sally and Mikasa.  Oh Gabi and her voice also reminds me of Jun Shiomi, the spices girl from Food Wars, and Moneca Rial used that same "nerdy voice" for Tsuyu in MHA.  Hey, don't mention THAT show lol.

Uh, sure lol.  All those Titan-looking assholes lol.