UnevenEdge

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 3 "A New Flashpoint" Discussion!!

Fireforce_S2_Logo_Keyart-727x1024.jpg

Episode 3 "A New Flashpoint"

Some new antagonists model the proper way to go out during this pandemic, by wearing masks! Enjoy the first episode of Season 2 not shown at this summer's FUNimationCON Sneak Peek!

The night burns at 1 AM tonight (11/21-22/20)!

ONLY TOONAMI!!!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 3

I re-watched the last episode and I am pretty certain the "fire-chan" in the OP is meant to be the girl that got into Shinra's head last episode.

I did find it funny he thought it was Iris at first.  A lot of times in anime characters will look the same and no one will mention it.  Or they will make a big deal about somebody looking like another character when they really don't lol.

I don't know what the first pillar girl's name is or much of anything else on her, so it is too risky for me to look up pics of her at this stage without risking spoilers (a Sophie's choice, am I right?)  Will have to settle with Iris for now. 

3bhrl82wrai51.jpg

And I am NOT buying into the Haumea craze.  She is an annoying troll and her outfit isn't even sexy.  She isn't appealing to me at all. 

Also they pronounced Charon really weird, but I don't think anyone knows how to pronounce it anyway.  I heard "Care-on" and "Share-on" during the New Horizons mission to visit Pluto and Charon.  Here Haumea (at least in English,) said "Chair-own."

Anyway, I think the author may be referencing the celestial objects more than the mythological beings they are named after, since they have nothing to do with each other at all in mythology, and yet they are partners in the show.  And until now I can see no traits of the mythological beings in these characters.  Of course the author could have just heard those names and thought they sounded cool.

Pluto's moon Charon is named after -

In Greek mythology and Roman mythology, Charon or Kharon (/ˈkɛərɒn, -ən/; Greek Χάρων) is a psychopomp, the ferryman of Hades who carries souls of the newly deceased across the river Styx that divided the world of the living from the world of the dead.

And Haumea is that weird football-shaped dwarf planet named after the Hawaiian goddess of child birth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

I re-watched the last episode and I am pretty certain the "fire-chan" in the OP is meant to be the girl that got into Shinra's head last episode.

I did find it funny he thought it was Iris at first.  A lot of times in anime characters will look the same and no one will mention it.  Or they will make a big deal about somebody looking like another character when they really don't lol.

I don't know what the first pillar girl's name is or much of anything else on her, so it is too risky for me to look up pics of her at this stage without risking spoilers (a Sophie's choice, am I right?)  Will have to settle with Iris for now. 

3bhrl82wrai51.jpg

Nice Iris service.

Yup, it was cool that he actually noted the similar look too.

Yeah, a lot of mystery surrounding her I don't want to look it up yet either.

• Like 2

Guys Im sorry but Im gonna have to skip assclass tonight. My ear is annoying me too much.  i know, it's going to be the second week in a row I skip out on it, and that's between two holiday marathons, I don't like the idea either. But I been having symptoms from the changing weather in general this whole month.

• Sad 1