UnevenEdge

Stuart D. Baker is gone from Squidbillies

3ngag3

On 8/16/2020 at 5:47 PM, PokeNirvash said:

So I take it this means they're gonna kill off Early and make Rusty the main character?

They could have episodes focusing on Rusty or Lil or Granny - think of all the filler arcs done in anime looking back into a character's past. Granny telling biblical bedtime stories in her own horrible way could easily be a couple of different episodes. Early could be in some sort of non-verbal situation for some episodes - it wouldn't be the first time he's been wedged into a cast where all he can do is mumble after all. He could just outright be recast if there's someone who sounds close enough to be moved into the role - think of Meg from Family Guy as an example where Meg was recast and now people have to look up the info to remember who the first VA was [ Lacey Chabert] . Since I'm guessing that [ as ] / WS owns all the rights to Squidbillies including master tracks, someone could even potentially create dialog from pre-recorded dialog to finish off whatever they already had scripted just to clear the planned season.

14 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

They could have episodes focusing on Rusty or Lil or Granny - think of all the filler arcs done in anime looking back into a character's past. Granny telling biblical bedtime stories in her own horrible way could easily be a couple of different episodes. Early could be in some sort of non-verbal situation for some episodes - it wouldn't be the first time he's been wedged into a cast where all he can do is mumble after all. He could just outright be recast if there's someone who sounds close enough to be moved into the role - think of Meg from Family Guy as an example where Meg was recast and now people have to look up the info to remember who the first VA was [ Lacey Chabert] . Since I'm guessing that [ as ] / WS owns all the rights to Squidbillies including master tracks, someone could even potentially create dialog from pre-recorded dialog to finish off whatever they already had scripted just to clear the planned season.

I think a better analogy than Meg would be Sheriff. :P

Another option is to bring back Gaga, but permanently. (I don't know if I'm spelling that right)

7 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I think a better analogy than Meg would be Sheriff. :P

Another option is to bring back Gaga, but permanently. (I don't know if I'm spelling that right)

I didn't count Sheriff because of the whole corn clone thing. Sheriff is 'replaceable' because he's basically born to be replaceable and that's been established. But the squids themselves are themselves. They are all but indestructable - nature's crash test dummies. Even granny has come back from the dead and she's supposedly well over 100 years old, having been part of followers of a confederate army at some point. So just replacing one isn't easy.

Ga Ga Pee Pap did die and is currently in hell with Red Jesus. I suppose he could 'replace' Early through possession and continue things that way [ just slightly change Early's looks to denote he isn't himself ]  but considering how churchy the squids are and Granny's ability to toss demons and talk to Jesus directly, I'm not sure if it would work longer than a couple of episodes. 

14 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I didn't count Sheriff because of the whole corn clone thing. Sheriff is 'replaceable' because he's basically born to be replaceable and that's been established. But the squids themselves are themselves. They are all but indestructable - nature's crash test dummies. Even granny has come back from the dead and she's supposedly well over 100 years old, having been part of followers of a confederate army at some point. So just replacing one isn't easy.

Ga Ga Pee Pap did die and is currently in hell with Red Jesus. I suppose he could 'replace' Early through possession and continue things that way [ just slightly change Early's looks to denote he isn't himself ]  but considering how churchy the squids are and Granny's ability to toss demons and talk to Jesus directly, I'm not sure if it would work longer than a couple of episodes. 

Doesn't Jesus normally just blow off granny though?

29 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Doesn't Jesus normally just blow off granny though?

Yeah, but she can still see him and she can purge spirits so it still falls along the lines of being so highly spiritually attuned that she probably wouldn't care to have Ga Ga floating around in the body of her son. 

2 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

MH2y7tL.jpg

8C7CayF.jpg

I admire the way he's going down swinging.  That's the nerve of a man who knows he's getting residual checks mailed yet.  Also, I knew he made some crack about Dolly's luscious milkers before I even saw anything because that is the obvious joke and that's the caliber at which Squidbillies was written.  

16 hours ago, YeWhoEnter said:

I admire the way he's going down swinging.  That's the nerve of a man who knows he's getting residual checks mailed yet.  Also, I knew he made some crack about Dolly's luscious milkers before I even saw anything because that is the obvious joke and that's the caliber at which Squidbillies was written.  

Fair warning. You don't quit your day job if you are getting residuals from [ as ] / WS. You usually end up getting a second job. Or third. 

9 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Fair warning. You don't quit your day job if you are getting residuals from [ as ] / WS. You usually end up getting a second job. Or third. 

He has got an entire market that has opened up to him as a result of this incident.  The Baker-Garrison collaboration series is already in talks to broadcast on weekends on OAN.  

20 minutes ago, YeWhoEnter said:

He has got an entire market that has opened up to him as a result of this incident.  The Baker-Garrison collaboration series is already in talks to broadcast on weekends on OAN.  

What, is he going to be used as a live soundboard to ensure that Garrison's cartoons have enough labels for the desired audience of numbnuts? 

Double-edged spork with that one. If he gets a gig that actually lasts longer than a season on something like that thing, he can't play the victim card that got him that gig in the first place. 

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

What, is he going to be used as a live soundboard to ensure that Garrison's cartoons have enough labels for the desired audience of numbnuts? 

Double-edged spork with that one. If he gets a gig that actually lasts longer than a season on something like that thing, he can't play the victim card that got him that gig in the first place. 

But you see he'll always be the victim so long as he's been cancelled.  It doesn't have to be intellectually consistent.

• 2 months later...

Twitter ... the place where every person who thinks they have an ounce of fame feel the need to post every brain fart and unasked for opinion.

Is it really that hard for people to just keep their more socially unacceptable opinions in their circle of friends and family instead of grabbing a bullhorn and saying "here's what I think, FIRE ME!" (posting anonymously on a message board works too)

Edited by ZoomBubba