UnevenEdge

Fire Force Season 1 Second Cour Re-Discussion

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

This cult's motivation and goal makes no sense.

One thing I thought of as a possibility is that I'm curious if Giovanni's goals align but are still a bit different than theirs, we don't know yet

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Some sort of 80s style music with weird animal characters?

it was sung by the Skinny guy from the Gamegrumps

they've been producing stuff for struggling devs a lot lately with the catch that they demand they be inserted into the project somehow

like when they funded then forced themselves into Dream Daddy and demanded their characters not actually be romancable because "eeewww gayyys"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

is that bad or just weird?

the only person i've heard talk about gamegrumps is this one racist asshole i used to know...

IMO bad because they have a long history of racism and Homophobia that they've chosen to cover up and deny in the wake of the BLM movement

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Me either, never heard of them before

a pair of youtube gamers who used to constantly say racist and homophobic shit in their LetsPlay's then decided to revise and deny happened

they reinvented themselves a couple years ago by producing a Gay dating sim (full of coded anti-gay jokes) and then this year they hastily deleted all their racist LP's and issued a Black lives Matter statement

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

One thing I thought of is that Giovanni's goal isn't necessarily theirs, we don't know yet

You mean he laid out their goal, but it isn't necessarily his?  It sure sounded like he agreed with it.  We also already heard the spiel about killing everyone and turning the Earth into another Sun from other people.  It's dumb and doesn't make any sense.  I guess the cult is just meant to be that irrational, I don't know.  But it makes them kind of lame as villains.

4 minutes ago, mochi said:

it was sung by the Skinny guy from the Gamegrumps

they've been producing stuff for struggling devs a lot lately with the catch that they demand they be inserted into the project somehow

like when they funded then forced themselves into Dream Daddy and demanded their characters not actually be romancable because "eeewww gayyys"

1 minute ago, mochi said:

a pair of youtube gamers who used to constantly say racist and homophobic shit in their LetsPlay's then decided to revise and deny happened

they reinvented themselves a couple years ago by producing a Gay dating sim (full of coded anti-gay jokes) and then this year they hastily deleted all their racist LP's and issued a Black lives Matter statement

Oh okay.  I never watched them.  I thought there was more than 2 and I thought one of them got disavowed and canceled or something?

Just now, ben0119 said:

Oh okay.  I never watched them.  I thought there was more than 2 and I thought one of them got disavowed and canceled or something?

the former co-host Jon Jafari was outed as a racist and the other host threw him under the bus and replaced him with a singer named Dan Avidan....they continued to be racist without Jon but less and they eventually reached a "turning point" of not being actively racist in their LP's but the odd racist joke still turned up from time to time

most notably they seemed to be unable to play Zelda games without saying horrible jokes....but as I said this year when the BLM protests started they panicked and basically purged their whole channel of all the old videos and made a deflecting BLM statement and began re-playing new "clean" versions of the games who's LP's they deleted for racist content

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

You mean he laid out their goal, but it isn't necessarily his?  It sure sounded like he agreed with it.  We also already heard the spiel about killing everyone and turning the Earth into another Sun from other people.  It's dumb and doesn't make any sense.  I guess the cult is just meant to be that irrational, I don't know.  But it makes them kind of lame as villains.

Nevermind I'm probably wrong.

I was thinking the opposite actually, I was theorizing that maybe he agrees with what they're doing which is why he turned traitor but might have his own further twisted version of it as I'm curious how high up the food chain he is despite being very knowledgeable. Like I don't think he's the one that laid out their goal.

So I don't entirely trust his words as their definitive motives in detail and not his version of them, or something like that.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Nevermind I'm probably wrong.

I was thinking the opposite actually, I was theorizing that he agrees with what they're doing but might have his own further twisted version of it as I'm curious how high up the food chain he is despite being very knowledgeable. Like I don't think he's the one that laid out their goal.

So I don't entirely trust his words as their definitive motives in detail and not his version of them, or something like that.

Well Giovanni just said something about faith, religion, and brain-washing were things humanity never managed to cure.  So maybe he is "above it" and doesn't buy into the cults' beliefs and is just in it for the lulz or his own reasons, or is a nihilist, or just wants to watch the world burn, figuratively and literally. xD

I don't know what to make of him!

Naw I don't think he is that high up or laid out their goals or anything.

Well like I said I think other people said the thing about killing everyone and turning the earth into a fireball.  It didn't just come from him, so we know that's their goal.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well Giovanni just said something about faith, religion, and brain-washing were things humanity never managed to cure.  So maybe he is "above it" and doesn't buy into the cults' beliefs and is just in it for the lulz or his own reasons, or is a nihilist, or just wants to watch the world burn, figuratively and literally. xD

I don't know what to make of him!

Naw I don't think he is that high up or laid out their goals or anything.

Well like I said I think other people said the thing about killing everyone and turning the earth into a fireball.  It didn't just come from him, so we know that's their goal.

Yeah, that's what I thought, he's very much still a mystery.

I think I was just doing a bad job trying to remember why I've felt he had something that didn't align fully with theirs like you pointed out when he said it, so that was good timing by the episode lol.

Yeah I guess we'll see when we see those fresh members of the White Clad next season like that guy that was in the promo.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1