UnevenEdge

How Did Jojo get to be this unpopular on toonami?

to the point where reruns of it are seen as "Way Too Risky" And Something that nobody would watch

it's this bizarre mystery I've never been able to solve....

Why Did Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fail so hard on toonami to the point where toonami deep down inside is ashamed they even have to air this?

why did nobody ever tune into it when it counted the most?

is it because it's too weird for people who don't watch anime or is it because it's the dumpster fire tier of anime....anime that only dumb meme lords would watch?

• Like 1
  • D'oh 3

I don't know what the fuck you're even talking about.

JoJo is not unpopular much less disliked, and Toonami's decision not to rerun right now has no bearing on that or anything else.

You are progressively becoming more insane.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I don't know what the fuk you're even talking about.

JoJo is not unpopular much less disliked, and Toonami's decision not to rerun right now has no bearing on that or anything else.

You are progressively becoming more insane.

if this is insane then you have A Pretty Small window for sanity

at the very most  Jojo is on the average side of the toonami spectrum(and i say this as a fan)

Edited by CountFrylock

39 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

You gave nothing to support your "argument" in your OP.  It is complete baseless nonsense.

when was this an argument? I Love Jojo's bizarre adventure and am not trying to dump on it needlessly

this is coming from a curious fan(One Who Recalls the incident where Part 4 was almost demoted to such a level that it was met with extreme backlash)

one who wants to get to the bottom of this....instead i keep being torn between two sides

one that says nobody watches jojo and that it's ratings are crap

while the other says just enough people watch Jojo and it's ratings are good

so which is it?

it can't be both.....and since I'm not a ratings expert(nor did i ever claim to be one)it all just looks like random incoherent numbers to me

Edited by CountFrylock

Watch JoJo come back in an earlier timeslot, like 12:30 or 1 AM, and replace one of the other ending shows, when it comes back. Hell, at this point, I wouldn't put leading the block as a stop-gap past it, if that's what it takes to build the bridge to Fire Force Season 2.

Then again, depending upon how long it takes, we could be talking about Attack on Titan leading the block. At this point, we just don't know who the block-leader will be, but I have a lot of faith that JoJo could do it effectively. It has been the SECOND show on the block before! Its run has 11 weeks left so if they have them all ready to go at once it could be a stalwart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

to the point where reruns of it are seen as "Way Too Risky" And Something that nobody would watch

it's this bizarre mystery I've never been able to solve....

Why Did Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fail so hard on toonami to the point where toonami deep down inside is ashamed they even have to air this?

why did nobody ever tune into it when it counted the most?

is it because it's too weird for people who don't watch anime or is it because it's the dumpster fire tier of anime....anime that only dumb meme lords would watch?

I think it has to do with not only the amount of gore, but the supernatural, surreal nature of how the gore is presented. Imagine airing something like this at 12 midnight. I think that's why the Toonami crew think it's not worth giving it a better treatment. Now as for it being unpopular with the audience, I have no idea.

6 minutes ago, elfie said:

I think it has to do with not only the amount of gore, but the supernatural, surreal nature of how the gore is presented. Imagine airing something like this at 12 midnight. I think that's why the Toonami crew think it's not worth giving it a better treatment. Now as for it being unpopular with the audience, I have no idea.

I just liked it more when it dealt with vampires. Though I don't think that gore is an issue seeing as attack on titan does double jojo in ratings on average. 

• Like 1

Yeah, you could certainly make the argument that the later seasons being buried deeper in the lineup may have something to do with Viz having shallower pockets when it came to shelling out money for the rights to those names than Warner did for the first season, though even THEY came up with some creative ways around them. Though I certainly found "Santviento" as first Pillar Man "Santana" quite jarring, the way they worked around the other 3 Pillar Men, "AC/DC, Wham, and Cars" as "Esidisi, Wamuu, and Kars", quite clever!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 2:13 AM, CountFrylock said:

when was this an argument? I Love Jojo's bizarre adventure and am not trying to dump on it needlessly

this is coming from a curious fan(One Who Recalls the incident where Part 4 was almost demoted to such a level that it was met with extreme backlash)

one who wants to get to the bottom of this....instead i keep being torn between two sides

one that says nobody watches jojo and that it's ratings are crap

while the other says just enough people watch Jojo and it's ratings are good

so which is it?

it can't be both.....and since I'm not a ratings expert(nor did i ever claim to be one)it all just looks like random incoherent numbers to me

I don't care about ratings so long as they are good enough to keep the show or block I like on the air.  If something I like isn't very popular, it doesn't matter to me.

But, you can easily see, given its cultural influence and how JoJo stuff, quotes, references, memes, are everywhere, that it is popular, regardless of Toonami ratings.

It is probably what Angel said though, as far as why no reruns.  Toonami likely doesn't have it in the contract.  Why else would they go to Ballmasters?

On 6/14/2020 at 2:35 PM, EmpressAngel said:

It might just be as simple as the current contract doesn't allow for it, and they're not able to sit down and hammer out an updated contract for that right now. Not everything is a conspiracy theory against you.

Basically, this.

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

Watch JoJo come back in an earlier timeslot, like 12:30 or 1 AM, and replace one of the other ending shows, when it comes back. Hell, at this point, I wouldn't put leading the block as a stop-gap past it, if that's what it takes to build the bridge to Fire Force Season 2.

For once, one of your crackpot theories was spot-on. Great job.

• Thanks 3