UnevenEdge

This new GitS show on Netflix is pretty good

Nytlyt

3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Naked CGI character designer self-insert voiced by Steve Blum doing multiple backflips up the stairs and down the hall.

What a time to be alive.

Dub is delayed indefinitely due to COVID.  Japanese only.

4 hours ago, elfie said:

GOod to hear at least. I recall everyone hating the trailer because it revealed that it would be totally CGI and move worse than most video games.

It takes a little getting used to, and the explosions don't look that great, but I think the direction is pretty solid. 

On 4/26/2020 at 11:06 AM, PokeNirvash said:

Maybe, but the credits for the English are out despite the delay, so I'm gonna trust them for now.

Yeah, so hyped they're back, I'm trying to wait.

To go with the screencap of the cast list someone posted, the trailer itself also partially corroborates things by confirming both McGlynn and Knight are back for starters, since their voices can be heard in the dub trailer even though dub isn't out yet.

Edited by DangerMouse

6 minutes ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

GitS intrigues me most the closer it gets to that "Oshii" feel (2nd Gig pulls that off very well for example).

I feel no Oshii-ness from this, so pass.

Alright, I'll bite.

What is an oshii?

4 hours ago, Vamped said:

I dunno how I feel about it. I think the last time I trusted Netflix with GITS it said the movie was remastered or something and it was just her naked body done over in CGI so ... 

It was alright, kinda underwhelming overall.

Started to get preeeety cringey towards the end w/ the "Edgelord" episode or whatever.

20 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

GitS intrigues me most the closer it gets to that "Oshii" feel (2nd Gig pulls that off very well for example).

I can agree with this.  The first GITS movie definitely has a much different feel than series (SAC, at least), and I think I enjoy the way the movie feels over that of the series.  I never really thought about it before, though.