UnevenEdge

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - The Second Plate Finale Episode 13 Discussion

Finally showed his eyes...

Glossed over all these other characters progression.  Of course showing it would just make the series longer!  I wonder if they were shown in the manga?

Wow, his quail item got added!

That guy is just a year older than Soma, really?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mochi said:

this show: Most westerners only think of Burdock as a simple medicinal root

me: most westerners don't even know what Burdock is, we don't have it here >_>

So that's what Bardock is named after!  I should have figured he was named after a vegetable too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elfie said:

It has a dub, it's got competition in the story, it's not an exclusive in any streaming service! What is Toonami doing skipping this!?

DeMarco said he tried to get Yuri on Ice but couldn't.

Edited by ben0119

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

Seasons 3-5 have it's rights controlled by a different company than Seasons 1-2

Ah. Didn't even realize this since Sentai has continued to pick up the US license for each blu-ray set pretty steadily.

Set 3 just came out recently with S3.

Edited by DangerMouse

Last week for Food Wars (for now), so of course, that means last week for sniping at your complaints (for now).

Page 1

19 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Again, why are there only 3 employees at this restaurant?

It's in the last stage before it actually opens to the public, so only the restaurant's key players are needed to make sure things are running smoothly at the minimum staffing level possible, that being them plus Soma playing the role of "additional kitchen staff" as part of his Stagiaire. I'm sure they'll hire a few more people on once they get into the "hard open" stage.

19 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

this time next week no more food gasms and instead "screaming death despair and hopeless ness"

Methinks you're overestimating how TV-mature a series Paranoia Agent is.

19 hours ago, ben0119 said:

That is his motivation?  And yet he acts like such a dick?

Attending Totsuki and managing a restaurant in France while Asian does a lot to a man's personality.

19 hours ago, mochi said:

this show: Most westerners only think of Burdock as a simple medicinal root

me: most westerners don't even know what Burdock is, we don't have it here >_>

You do know that Europeans count as Westerners, right?

Food wars: HE COOKED A WHOLE QUAIL!!!!

me: Quails are just tiny chickens clam your tits

The point is everyone was expecting that sort of thing to be out of his current skill level.

19 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Yes a whole quail...you usually don't only cook part of one they're rather small. 

The point is everyone was expecting that sort of thing to be out of his current skill level.

19 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

PA is just hopeless despair and horrid nightmares

You've never actually seen Paranoia Agent at full attention, have you.

they should not have dubbed Kirakira and Dokidoki

And yet they did, because they're Sentai (formerly ADV), and they just don't give a fuck what the weebs think.

19 hours ago, elfie said:

I see the audience there is practicing social distancing.

How oddly relevant of them.

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

You've never actually seen Paranoia Agent at full attention, have you.

is it actually more positive than i remember? because i watched it long ago on adultswim and what i can remember is dreary and dark

it doesn't mesh well with the rest of the block when you see how the other shows at least have some sense of hope and positivity

i doubt anyone has ever used either of those words to describe Paranoia agent

Edited by CountFrylock

17 hours ago, ben0119 said:

DeMarco said he tried to get Yuri on Ice but couldn't.

I'm not  sure how you'd even fit that into toonami unless it's over the top ice skating in the way that food wars was over the top wacky food battles 

we have to remember first and foremost toonami is an action block  true there are always some shows that pop up that aren't action themed but those are in the minority and the majority of major shows that toonami picks up are action themed

most importantly this isn't the cw where they can air whatever progressive shows they want without  consequences  this is still adultswim which shares a channel with cartoon network and they do have to appease advertisers

sad to say a show like Yuri On Ice probably wouldn't make them happy at all

a reason why we never saw the Fujiko Mine Lupin series(because it was too risky for american television...)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

There are a number of humorous moments here and there (the greatest concentration of them in episode 5). While I won't deny that it's generally "dreary and dark", it's inaccurate to say it's that way 100% of the time.

true but at the same time i feel like PA is marketed on being dark and dreary

they sell the show on it being a depressing bizarro show that screws with the mind

it has been too long since i last saw PA and i suppose the reason i believed it to be dark and suicidal level depressing all the time is because the dreary stuff like i said is what's generally promoted in material for PA

even the toonami promo made it look like someone's deranged mental breakdown