UnevenEdge

Lupin III Part 5 Final Episode (#24) Discussion!!

Now you're going to try to be a dad, really?

Offer to join the crew?

I think Lupin is saying her name wrong on purpose.

What you're saying makes no sense, Ami.

Heroes... we have enough of that on My Hero Academia, and One Punch Man, and Fire Force. :P

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Also, now that its been established that can't do anything without the internet finding them and ruining their plans, this may have to be it for Lupin.  I don't know where they can go from here.

luckily they'll just hit the status quo reset button if there's another series

• Like 1

Ami's muted speech and ear computer beeping at the end were an interesting development. Part 6 might be set in Spain or something and pick up exactly where Part 5 left off...or not...?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/lupin-the-third-part-5/episode-24/.136999

Grade: "A-". I'm certainly looking forward to more Lupin, and glad we've got a one-off OVA special next week!

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I wouldn't put it past them lol.  But they did seem to connect the last two series.

Lupin feels so out of place on toonami though due to it's "don't give a crap" attitude because nothing will ever matter in the long run because the characters will be the same by the end

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

Lupin feels so out of place on toonami though due to it's "don't give a crap" attitude because nothing will ever matter in the long run because the characters will be the same by the end

At this point, I'm really not sure Fire Force isn't like that too!

But other shows Toonami have aired like that are Pop Team Epic and I guess Space Dandy?

27 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I don't know about that.  The characters definitely went through some stuff, and I feel like we learned more about them.  I'd say they changed. 

But, it still has the whole weird James Bond kind of thing going on.  I remember when M called the Daniel Craig Bond "a dinosaur from the Cold War Era."  Okay, he could have been an agent in the 80s, but all the way back in the 60s?  The Lupin characters have been around for years but haven't really aged.  Then at the same time in this show we had backstory that showed that Lupin and Albert went back seemingly decades, and the characters having trouble adjusting to the modern world, with the internet and whatnot.  Lupin would have to be in his 40s or 50s at least?  Dunno about the others.  But they don't look old or seem hampered by age at all.  So they're old, but they aren't?

But I do agree it is a show apart from the rest.  Almost where it doesn't even feel like an anime.  Sort of in the same category as One Piece, which is why that show has had trouble gaining traction in the U.S. as well.  People don't seem like to anime that are more like western cartoons than they are anime.

reminds me of a common saying attached to such shows "i grew up but these characters didn't"

You Could have been watching something like it ever since you were a kid only to realize while You've grown and changed as a person over time   those characters have pretty much stayed the same and are even the same age as when you first discovered them

it has this weird effect where you feel less interested in the characters knowing they'll never truly learn or develop any sort of progression

yeah sure we might have learned more about them but if there's a part 6 none of this will really matter and It'll be back to business as usual with People-Log not even getting a mention

• Sad 1