UnevenEdge

Broly has a new VA...

3ngag3

JYB is a solid choice, and it's nice that at the very least, they're passing the torch from one iconic mid-2000's VA to another iconic mid-2000's VA. Can't vouch for how Vic used to sound as Broly since I haven't seen any of his DBZ movies and only remember the times where Vic said it kept blowing out his voice to have to keep shouting as Broly. But given the burnt bridges and legal drama, it'd be the best case scenario to have him replaced by a VA of the same caliber.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, elfie said:

No fuckin... ... does Rohan even appear in Part 5!?

He doesn't. Jotaro, Koichi and one other who is definitely not Rohan are the only characters from previous parts who get voice time in Golden Wind. But we do have the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe OVAs to consider, and if they get dubbed, they'll definitely need to find a replacement voice for Rohan. I'm thinking either Todd Haberkorn or Xander Mobus.

• Like 2

https://comicbook.com/anime/amp/2019/12/03/dragon-ball-anime-new-broly-dub-voice-vic-mignogna-reaction/

Was going to make a thread about this and the final judgment, but never got around to it.

Johnny Yong Bosch is being awfully complementary of Vic in his comments, and even spoke to him about taking on the role.

Then again, he said Vic was a great actor, not a great person, and he only spoke with Vic briefly.  Johnny is probably just trying to be diplomatic so the Vic cultists don't go after him.

Haven't heard the clip yet.  Would not have thought of him as playing Broly.  Given how his voice is, why don't they pick people who naturally have that kind of voice, so they don't have to blow their voice out playing the part?  Or is Broly's voice different now?  Assuming this is the Super Broly version and not the original.

On 12/4/2019 at 5:26 PM, PokeNirvash said:

He doesn't. Jotaro, Koichi and one other who is definitely not Rohan are the only characters from previous parts who get voice time in Golden Wind. But we do have the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe OVAs to consider, and if they get dubbed, they'll definitely need to find a replacement voice for Rohan. I'm thinking either Todd Haberkorn or Xander Mobus.

Oh thank god.  But yeah if Rohan does need to be dubbed again it definitely won't be by Vic lol.

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Oh thank god.  But yeah if Rohan does need to be dubbed again it definitely won't be by Vic lol.

semi related, there was a time I was briefly confused why Stephanie Sheh had at one point spoken out against Vic because I assumed they never worked together....but then I rewatched Sailor Moon and remembered he voiced the Psychic boy who was Stalking Sailor Mercury

Edited by mochi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Well, that's the thing that happens when you start your weekly posting on a Saturday. :P

I used to post more during the week, but I either don't feel like coming on because I'm tired or something, or would rather do something else, get preoccupied, etc.  I must be getting old.