UnevenEdge

Rick and Morty S4?

André Toulon

Ok, I kiiiinda looked, and all I see is a trailer thread....So if there is another thread anywhere, feel free to merge this because there is nothing of real substance here.....Just not gonna be able to go back to sleep and burning "daylight" in the most figurative of terms.

So, before this season started, I read a few articles and watched parts of a few pod casts and I heard many times that newcomers could jump in this season without any prior knowledge of the show.

So far that has been true, and I kinda feel like that's where Archer dropped the ball....Taking a huge departure from the previous story lines.  Now while it's not as evident this early into the season, so far I have found little reason to be taken in by these leading eps due to that fact.  Nothing of real consequence has happened so far, and while I was ok with that the first 2 episodes, this last one just felt like the writers are frankly getting bored with the show.  Ok, I get it, it's an Ocean's theme....But the entire episode is about how much Rick hates hacks....All while this entire episode being a complete hack.

I kept watching....Waiting for the big reveal where this literally wasn't a lazily constructed call to archaic pop culture....But that's all it was.....I watched a second...then a third time, hoping to get the joke....But it wasn't there.  It was just a 22 minute contradiction of itself and the amount of money they saved on animation is tway too blatant.....Seriously, I'm mostly in this for the Evil Morty arc....But If I don't get a taste of that this season, it may sour me to the show......Sour me to the point I just complain a lot....I'll still watch it.  I've spent too much time calling it amazing to bail now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I kinda like the first few episodes of the second half of this season, that latest one was really disappointing however. 

Just more "Oh man doesn't Jerry suck everyone? Look at how much Jerry sucks. Oh look at him, he's gonna go and really muck things up again because he's so incompetent and pathetic." 

Just more of their tired, lolsowacky dysfunctional family dynamics and, as you pointed out, no further progression of any sort of main plot line.

On 5/26/2020 at 5:28 PM, cyberbully said:

Episode 6 pretty much told me to give up hope, but I guess I'm finally accepting that expecting closure on any of the previus seasons is just a fool's errand.  Guess I'll stop being a fanboy and just mindnumblingly soak up what's left of this series

The series has an alternating storyline. Chances are high that anything that you were hoping for closure on from last season is currently getting plotted out to be touched on for the next season. 

8 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

The series has an alternating storyline. Chances are high that anything that you were hoping for closure on from last season is currently getting plotted out to be touched on for the next season. 

Speculating return of Pickle Rick tonight