UnevenEdge

Ghost In the Shell

Admin

ehhhh why is she in that scene fighting?

also why does it portray like the major longs to be human or something?

now granted its been yeeaarrss since i saw ghost in the shell tv series (both seasons) and movies.

but wasnt she quite happy being like non human? wasnt it her that kinda asked wutshisface why he stil remained human? idk.

also ALSO

WHERE ARE THE TACHICOMAS????

you cannot have GiTS without tachicomas!

but yeah idk... shelling sequence looked kinda cool, but eeeeeeh idk.

i think ill wait till i see this for rent at the library and rent it for free.

ehhhh why is she in that scene fighting?

also why does it portray like the major longs to be human or something?

now granted its been yeeaarrss since i saw ghost in the shell tv series (both seasons) and movies.

but wasnt she quite happy being like non human? wasnt it her that kinda asked wutshisface why he stil remained human? idk.

also ALSO

WHERE ARE THE TACHICOMAS????

you cannot have GiTS without tachicomas!

but yeah idk... shelling sequence looked kinda cool, but eeeeeeh idk.

i think ill wait till i see this for rent at the library and rent it for free.

I suddenly remembered Tougsa's name. I also haven't watched any of it in years.

there we go! thx mookie <3

i do admit seeing that trailer wanted me to go back and rewatch the series.

i just rmb the tachicomas and how adorable they are and how they made the show.

(srsly iirc they actually served great purpose in one season.)

Wait is Togusa even in this thing? I went to the IMDb page and the only Section 9 members listed are the Major, Batou, Aramaki, and Ishikawa.

There's also a Kuze so I guess we know which plot they're using.

Oh nevermind the Wiki page has other characters listed including Togusa. I hope this Singaporean guy can rock a mullet.

there we go! thx mookie <3

i do admit seeing that trailer wanted me to go back and rewatch the series.

i just rmb the tachicomas and how adorable they are and how they made the show.

(srsly iirc they actually served great purpose in one season.)

I for one am very glad the Tachicomas are nowhere to be found. So annoying.

It's still possible for them to be in the movie, but just as a transportation device like in the '95 movie and not speaking.

This is worthwhile read.  It not only adds to the discussion of whitewashing in asia-related movies but solid reasoning to why GITS as a franchise is inherently Japanese, as I hear arguements elsewhere stating that because the characters in the anime don't look asian, it's considered by all means PERFECTLY fine to insert any sort of western actor.

I don't think it's fine to whitewash but with GITS since she is a full prosthetic, meaning that she can change what she looks like, that the major doesn't have to be a Japanese actor. I think who they picked actually works very well.

An example of the opposite happening, the live action FMA movie that the trailer was just released for is all Japanese actors when the show took place in Europe.  I can completely understand why they did it, but if they wanted it closer to the actual story then they shouldn't have.

I'm surprised this is actually happening. Wasn't it like dropped 3 times over a course of like 10 years?

You may be thinking of Akira.

I don't care about the "whitewashing" but the story presented in the trailer sounds pretty lame. And not confusing lame, but just generic, boring Hollywood schlock.

Mixed feelings about this so far.  The trailer looks stylish, but the story it presented seems like generic Hollywood schlock.  I hope that the trailer is just a bad trailer, but given the track record of anime films in Hollywood, I have my doubts. 

I really don't think whitewashing is a main concern for this movie.  For something like Akira, or The Last Airbender, yeah, I understand how that could be considered a problem, but with something like Ghost in the Shell I don't think it matters as much.  Besides, the Major is full prosthetic, so she can have pretty much any appearance she chooses.

I really don't think whitewashing is a main concern for this movie.  For something like Akira, or The Last Airbender, yeah, I understand how that could be considered a problem, but with something like Ghost in the Shell I don't think it matters as much.  Besides, the Major is full prosthetic, so she can have pretty much any appearance she chooses.

Completely agree.