UnevenEdge

DBS Reruns start off the block on 10/12

What's to say that Dragon Ball reruns don't have more staying power than those of Attack on Titan? Or even Samurai Jack S5, if you've forgotten about that attempt. No matter what, Super is almost out of episodes. It's either they take what could be a big ratings loss or try to offset that with reruns, and DB has been the most successful property to ever air on Toonami across its entire history. Reruns of it aired on the classic Toonami many times, and they were probably as responsible for keeping things afloat back then as new episodes.

As I've said before, they can always bail on this idea if it doesn't hold up. And it's not like any ratings tank no matter how major will instantly murder Toonami, as they've got things planned through two years from now at least. Seriously, you'll live... and it'll be a lot easier if you just watch the shows and enjoy them rather than try to do this armchair quarterback stuff. 😴

• Like 1

*SIGH*  Just... *SIGH*

I can see that even still, after I have lowered my expectations multiple levels, multiple times, my faith was still misplaced and Demarco and Toonami disappoint yet again.  Here I was congratulating them for trying to build a new foundation with One Punch Man and other series, that they weren't going to use Dragon Ball as an endless crutch (remember that time Demarco said Toonami didn't need Dragon Ball, at the time it wasn't available to them? LOL,) they instead just go ahead and do that.  Because they can't come up with anything else.  Sad.

And why the fuck is Demon Slayer on so late?!  Talk about a waste of a major premiere!  Kick Food Wars to the fuckin' curb!

Edited by ben0119

7 hours ago, Blatch said:

Well, we have a new development on this:

This is presumably only for the last four episodes... and MHA's rerun also has that many remaining. I think you can put two and two together.

Where are you hearing this?

Update: My bad. Links aren't loading on my computer for me.

Edited by elfie

Welp, y'all beat me to the punch! It does indeed turn out that this rerun seems to be a placeholder of some sort, and MHA Season 3's 4 AM rerun also has that many episodes left!

But do they really have enough faith in an MHA Season 4 that's behind a simuldub about as far as Dr. Stone to debut at 11 PM? That's amazing if so!

MHA S4 seems all but confirmed for November 9th! But I totally don't get, based on the ratings for the two shows, WHY One-Punch Man wouldn't get the 11 PM slot instead of MHA.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Welp, y'all beat me to the punch! It does indeed turn out that this rerun seems to be a placeholder of some sort, and MHA Season 3's 4 AM rerun also has that many episodes left!

But do they really have enough faith in an MHA Season 4 that's behind a simuldub about as far as Dr. Stone to debut at 11 PM? That's amazing if so!

MHA S4 seems all but confirmed for November 9th! But I totally don't get, based on the ratings for the two shows, WHY One-Punch Man wouldn't get the 11 PM slot instead of MHA.

MHA's previous seasons all aired on Toonami like 2 whole years after the episodes came out, and changed to under a year when Toonami aired Season 3, and that didn't hurt the ratings one bit.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

Still a far cry from what One-Punch Man was able to do in 2016 after being out for like 10 months! Every episode of OPM averaged over 1 million viewers, but it WAS before the decline. Still, what would be comparable success for Season 2? 500K viewers? 750K viewers? That's territory that only Dragon Ball Super and maybe, ironically, Boruto, has entered lately.

• Like 1