UnevenEdge

Fall 2019

Gina Szanboti

On 10/13/2019 at 3:28 AM, PokeNirvash said:

Well, the 221 is clearly a reference to Kabukicho's 221st Avenue, where Bar Pipecat and the detectives tenement are located

Ya know, when I first read this, I just kinda skimmed over it, thinking I knew what you were going to say it was a reference to, i.e., 221B Baker St.  I didn't even realize that was the bar's address! 9_9:$

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Cidz said:

i havent watched anything for fall is there anything worth checking out?

To my surprise, Honzuki no Gekokujou (the isekai about the book girl) is really good.  In the last couple of episodes,

Spoiler

someone figured out what's going on and she actually confessed instead of gaslighting him till the end of the season,

which was really awesome.

If you like board games and cute, ultra-shy girls, it's fine.  I ended up dropping it after about 4 episodes, mostly for time (already watching waaaaaaay too many series), but her shyness got on my nerves, likewise the uber-genkiness of the other girl.  The board game stuff was interesting, which was the main draw for me, but it kinda goes by fast.  You barely learn the rules (which will bore most people even at lightspeed), and there's not a lot of play time either.  But I think the character development should suffice if you like their types.

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (about the demon who adopts a human grandson) is the other surprise stand-out for me this season.  It's really stupid and silly, but the characters are chock full of charisma and I'm having a blast with it. If you've seen Nanbaka, it has a similar tone to its comedy and ambiance (not so many sparkles though). The synopsis made it sound like a dull one-joke pony, but they do something unexpected with the premise every week.

Edited by Gina Szanboti