UnevenEdge

Fire Force Episode 4 Discussion

On 8/18/2019 at 12:25 AM, CorbeauKarasu said:

all this infighting feels pointless

I don't think it's pointless since this behavior and some of the companies taking questionable actions or having hidden motives is why we were told Company 8 was put together to begin with.

It does feel super early though, we didn't really get much insight from this first time, which is okay for now, though a bit more would have indeed made it more valuable.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i can imagine this getting better, but it's gonna take some solid worldbuilding from here on out.

wouldn't mind more fanservice, too

I'd appreciate fanservice of the guys but clearly we aren't getting that

1 minute ago, PokeNirvash said:

I wasn't expecting half of the emotions I felt this episode to be hate for a whole group of people, but here we are.

Fuck Hibana. Fuck Discount Monoma. Fuck those three blonde triplets with the big tits and the sunglasses. Fuck them all.

Yeah I didn't like that bitch when I first saw her, but now I hate her and whole clown squad even more.

27 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

They were on the mission YOU sent them on, Maki.

Those mascots are kinda creepy.

Grabs on to Shinra.  "HI-HO SILVER!"  LMAO

Yeah, I think that's why Maki was apologizing to Hinawa back there

Agreed, they are kinda creepy lol

Loved that lmao

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i can imagine this getting better, but it's gonna take some solid worldbuilding from here on out.

wouldn't mind more fanservice, too

I don't think this show is ever going to have much success. Feels like an average throwaway Shonen.

Viewers on Crunchyroll rate it as worse than SAO. 

I just don't feel any desire to see more of this.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Daos said:

My experience with the first three episodes says otherwise, but the massive disappointment that was Princess Hibana has me inclined to almost agree with you. I'm still watching it to the finish though, because that's how I do things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daos said:

I don't think this show is ever going to have much success. Feels like an average throwaway Shonen.

Viewers on Crunchyroll rate it as worse than SAO. 

Whoa whoa whoa.  This episode had some questionable world stuff like people getting regular fire fighters and Fire Soldiers confused, people turning on fire fighters after ONE murderer, and we hate boss bitch and her squad (which I think is intentional,) but I wouldn't go that far!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Anyway, I didn't notice any major editing of the episode by David Productions.  The fire color didn't change.  Not sure if anything more graphic was changed.  But maybe that's just for in Japan, I dunno.

Yeah I didn't really notice anything either.

Rewatched last night's episode and after much consideration... nope, still hate Hibana. But now that I'm in a less sleep-deprived state of mind and have the power to pause and rewind without missing anything here in the discussion thread, I've considered all possible reasons as to why I dislike her.

1. At first listen - as in, listening to the first line she says in the episode - her English voice is too deep for her look. The upshot is, it fits better the more you listen to it.
  2. Her fire coat is made of fur. Super pretentious.
  3. She's too cheap to afford an actual throne, so she uses fire soldiers instead. She also uses them as a makeshift catwalk, which is even more pointlessly pretentious than the custom-made fur fire coat.
  4. While I don't mind her subordinates' masochistic personalities, I do mind that the only thing they're capable of saying in reaction to her more pain-inducing actions is "Owie!", which is childish even for a shonen like this.
  5. Never in my lifetime have I heard any femdom character refer to those they view below them as "gravel". And as one who works in civil engineering, I can't help but be a little offended by that.
  6. Nia Teppelin called, she wants her eyes back.
  7. She interfered with a mission that wasn't even in her jurisdiction because she could. Not something I'd particularly care about, even in this scenario, but still a red flag no matter how you look at it.
  8. Her femdom attitude is more bitchy than sexy. Yes, even "lick my shoe" applies.
  9. Here's the part where I start chewing out Hibana's co-workers. First, there's Discount Monoma. I don't think he needs any explanation.
  10. Then there's the Fifth Angels Three. A trio of lookalike super-bitches who look like Nudist Beach rejects and JoJo pose for next to no goddamn reason, and one of them even had the gall to make a joke about immolating a child, that she may have actually been serious about because they're just that much of a group of #4s. Not cool.
  11. And what the fuck is up with that coneheaded old dude? Freaks me the fuck out.

The only good things about Princess Hibana are that she's a femdom character with brown skin and big tits. If not for literally everything else about her, I'd have waifu'd or at least kuiin'd her by now. Sorry for those who like her and/or want me to like her too, but she's no Midnight, she's no Seraphim, she isn't even an Esdeath. She's just another token femdom character whose traits I do like are overshadowed by those who don't, and muffled out further by the asshattery of her co-workers.

Fire Force would be perfect if it wasn't for her and Company 5. If an Infernal appeared in their station and killed everyone inside, I would feel no remorse. That said, I'm hoping there's something that redeems her later on down the line. It's too much work to hate someone who's so relevant to your interests. She's hitting like 20 of my fetish buttons, so one of them has to start working eventually.

• Like 1

3. I highly doubt it's because she's too cheap. She's in Fire Force 5 which was explained earlier provides every other force with the required technology so she's gotta be at least a bit well off. Clearly she's been betrayed by the law and so she's flaunting that by indulging in her own tastes because she doesn't care about anything.

4. I think the Owie choice in the dub was to not make the context so dark and to add to the twisted nature of the show. I forget what the equivalent was in the manga.

5. you realize she's written obnoxious on purpose right?

6 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Rewatched last night's episode and after much consideration... nope, still hate Hibana. But now that I'm in a less sleep-deprived state of mind and have the power to pause and rewind without missing anything here in the discussion thread, I've considered all possible reasons as to why I dislike her.

1. At first listen - as in, listening to the first line she says in the episode - her English voice is too deep for her look. The upshot is, it fits better the more you listen to it.
  2. Her fire coat is made of fur. Super pretentious.
  3. She's too cheap to afford an actual throne, so she uses fire soldiers instead. She also uses them as a makeshift catwalk, which is even more pointlessly pretentious than the custom-made fur fire coat.
  4. While I don't mind her subordinates' masochistic personalities, I do mind that the only thing they're capable of saying in reaction to her more pain-inducing actions is "Owie!", which is childish even for a shonen like this.
  5. Never in my lifetime have I heard any femdom character refer to those they view below them as "gravel". And as one who works in civil engineering, I can't help but be a little offended by that.
  6. Nia Teppelin called, she wants her eyes back.
  7. She interfered with a mission that wasn't even in her jurisdiction because she could. Not something I'd particularly care about, even in this scenario, but still a red flag no matter how you look at it.
  8. Her femdom attitude is more bitchy than sexy. Yes, even "lick my shoe" applies.
  9. Here's the part where I start chewing out Hibana's co-workers. First, there's Discount Monoma. I don't think he needs any explanation.
  10. Then there's the Fifth Angels Three. A trio of lookalike super-bitches who look like Nudist Beach rejects and JoJo pose for next to no goddamn reason, and one of them even had the gall to make a joke about immolating a child, that she may have actually been serious about because they're just that much of a group of #4s. Not cool.
  11. And what the fuck is up with that coneheaded old dude? Freaks me the fuck out.

The only good things about Princess Hibana are that she's a femdom character with brown skin and big tits. If not for literally everything else about her, I'd have waifu'd or at least kuiin'd her by now. Sorry for those who like her and/or want me to like her too, but she's no Midnight, she's no Seraphim, she isn't even an Esdeath. She's just another token femdom character whose traits I do like are overshadowed by those who don't, and muffled out further by the asshattery of her co-workers.

Fire Force would be perfect if it wasn't for her and Company 5. If an Infernal appeared in their station and killed everyone inside, I would feel no remorse. That said, I'm hoping there's something that redeems her later on down the line. It's too much work to hate someone who's so relevant to your interests. She's hitting like 20 of my fetish buttons, so one of them has to start working eventually.

Shutup MAGGOT

4E2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/fire-force/episode-4/.149673

Rating: 3. It seems our reviewer James found Fire Force's Esdeath wannabe with Nia's eyes just as annoying as some of y'all did!

Hopefully Episode 5 has less of her and more of the good stuff, like the showdown between Shinra and sentient Infernal Miyamoto. Yes, more of that, please.

Though to be perfectly fair I WAS enjoying the action with the OTHER Company 5 girls!

• Like 1

James Beckett is a hack. He can talk as much shit about Hand Shakers as he wants, but the fact remains that W'z is the superior installment, no matter how much he refuses to admit it. That fucker even called the soundtrack shit, which is objectively false.

Yes, yes, different tastes in music and all that jazz.

Edited by PokeNirvash