UnevenEdge

Dr. Stone On August 24th

The1gairon

This isn't an advertising issue--it's a DVR-era data issue. For a late-night block such as Toonami, especially for shows after 2 AM, it's absolutely vital that the network gets the right data out to the cable and satellite companies, or else people's recordings will be screwed up and shows either recorded under the wrong headings or out-of-order.

But DirecTV usually gets it right by the Thursday before Toonami airs. I'm crossing my fingers that they have it right tomorrow and I can go ahead and set Dr. Stone to record!

Update: Thursday morning, almost noon ET, and DirecTV STILL doesn't have the right shows listed on their on-screen guide! AAAAAAHHH!!!! 

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

I guess, but I'm really not sure how in the hell to just DVR the block? Besides, I'd rather have the capability to marathon certain shows later, imperfect as it is.

For example, the 2017 episodes of JoJo and Gundam Unicorn that got screwed up by Sand Whale and Me. I watched those a whole bunch of times, and they're were still good.

The videos haven't been AS damaging lately, but you would think Toonami would co-produce episodes of 18-20 minutes long for a new show just to spread it out, and so they have some space to which to add stuff like that. The Forge, at 5+ minutes long per episode, either needs something like that or Toonami needs a 10:55 start time.

Edited by OwlChemist81

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I guess, but I'm really not sure how in the hell to just DVR the block? Besides, I'd rather have the capability to marathon certain shows later, imperfect as it is.

For example, the 2017 episodes of JoJo and Gundam Unicorn that got screwed up by Sand Whale and Me. I watched those a whole bunch of times, and they're were still good.

The videos haven't been AS damaging lately, but you would think Toonami would co-produce episodes of 18-20 minutes long for a new show just to spread it out, and so they have some space to which to add stuff like that. The Forge, at 5+ minutes long per episode, either needs something like that or Toonami needs a 10:55 start time.

Some services let you record a show along with an hour before that show and up to two hours after it. Cloud DVRs for PS Vue, Hulu, etc don’t let you do that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Because I don't know how to record an entire night's worth of programming outside of that, you dick???

if you dvr every show including the one after toonami that shouldn't be an issue then. at least on xfinity you can record from specific times.

• Like 1

UPDATE: Friday morning as of 11 AM CT, they finally got it right on DirecTV--well, almost...

• Dragon Ball Super - A Commanding Presence! Advent of Top the Destroyer! (curiously no episode number)
  • Gen Lock - S1 E4 | Training Daze
  • Dr. Stone - S1 E1 | Stone World
  • Fire Force - S1 E5 | The Battle Begins
  • Food Wars! - S1 E8 | A Concerto of Concept and Creation
  • Black Clover - S2 E33 | The Victors
  • Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - S1 E45 | Memories From the Day of Snow
  • Naruto: Shippuden - S12 E22 | Secrets of the Reanimation Jutsu
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin: Advent of the Red Comet - S1 E8 | The Principality of Zeon Declares Its Independence
  • Lupin the 3rd Part 5 - S8 E11 | Get Pablo's Collection
  • My Hero Academia - S3 E16 | Shiketsu High Lurking

And of course I immediately set Dr. Stone to record-series like I do with every Toonami show! I work from home so this was no biggie for me, but if you went on vacation this weekend early, NO STONE FOR YOU!!

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 6:31 AM, PokeNirvash said:

Because I don't know how to record an entire night's worth of programming outside of that, you dick???

There should be an option to manually record a certain block of time.  I have it on SuddenLink.  Sort of like programming a VCR back in the old days.

Edited by ben0119

18 hours ago, elfie said:

Because that's Labor Day weekend.

Okay, because this is all that comes up for August 31st on this website...

https://www.wincalendar.com/Calendar/Date/August-31-2019

August 31, 2019 United States Holidays & Popular Observances

Islamic new year

Trinidad And Tobago Independence

Overdose Awareness Day

August 31, 2019 Popular Holidays & Observances Worldwide

Language Day - Moldova & Moldova

I guess I should have checked Sunday and Monday too.

Still seems pointless in modern times, given the actual living and viewing habits people have these days.  Marathons aren't really valid for their original purpose.  Demarco needs to get with the times.  And as said, a marathon will sabotage the near simuldubs they have going like Fire Force!

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Okay, because this is all that comes up for August 31st on this website...

https://www.wincalendar.com/Calendar/Date/August-31-2019

August 31, 2019 United States Holidays & Popular Observances

Islamic new year

Trinidad And Tobago Independence

Overdose Awareness Day

August 31, 2019 Popular Holidays & Observances Worldwide

Language Day - Moldova & Moldova

I guess I should have checked Sunday and Monday too.

Still seems pointless in modern times, given the actual living and viewing habits people have these days.  Marathons aren't really valid for their original purpose.  Demarco needs to get with the times.  And as said, a marathon will sabotage the near simuldubs they have going like Fire Force!

Well i'm thankful we're closing in one 8 months straight without a marathon.

• Like 2