UnevenEdge

Lupin III Part 5 Episode #8 (EPISODE II Part 2) Discussion!!!

Just now, mochi said:

I'm glad they didn't give Albert an insulting voice, if this was a dub by any other company they would have

Especially considering the japanese voice was deep. Much like the brief Berry White moment we just had.

Lupin done been shot again.

1 minute ago, OSC said:

Especially considering the japanese voice was deep. Much like the brief Berry White moment we just had.

Lupin done been shot again.

except this time he was ACTUALLY shot because Apparently Albert knew his every move and planned for every eventuality

• Like 3

Just now, mochi said:

Viz Funi and Sentai have a tendancy to do that to gay characters

I guess I don't know which characters you're talking about.

Also, if the Japanese version gave a gay character a certain kind of voice would they have to do the same, despite the insensitivity?  To stay true to the original version?

Just now, ben0119 said:

I guess I don't know which characters you're talking about.

Also, if the Japanese version gave a gay character a certain kind of voice would they have to do the same, despite the insensitivity?  To stay true to the original version?

they should....but most Americans hear gay and instantly decide to play up stereotypes because they think being gay is ALL gay people are

3 hours ago, mochi said:

they should....but most Americans hear gay and instantly decide to play up stereotypes because they think being gay is ALL gay people are

What I meant was if the gay character has a stereotypical voice in Japanese, do the dubbers have to copy that, or can they make it less offensive?  Of course, that would be less "authentic" to the original and I could see people complain about that.  Though I don't know how much legs they would have to stand on.  But if dubbers are doing stereotypical voices just because a character is gay and didn't have that kind of voice in Japanese then that's just as bad or even worse.