UnevenEdge

Gundam: The Origin Episode 5 Discussion

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

Yeah, better than gen:LOCK, that's for sure!

that's because Gundam actually has a budget to make CG Look Decent

(that said Land of the Lustrous was made with almost NO budget and has the best CG in anime history)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I think only his hair is gay?

he's gay for Char but in canon had a girlfriend in the original series...but apparently all works other than the original series retcon her out of canon

5 minutes ago, mochi said:

that's because Gundam actually has a budget to make CG Look Decent

(that said Land of the Lustrous was made with almost NO budget and has the best CG in anime history)

This CG animation is WAY better than Gen:Lock.  But I would still prefer traditional animation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

This CG animation is WAY better than Gen:Lock.  But I would still prefer traditional animation.

CG animation isn't inherently bad, it's just that when capitalist countries discover it they try to capitalize on it because you need less employees to make CG animation and therefor have to pay less people....even though CG animation is actually harder than Traditional

29 minutes ago, mochi said:

CG animation isn't inherently bad, it's just that when capitalist countries discover it they try to capitalize on it because you need less employees to make CG animation and therefor have to pay less people....even though CG animation is actually harder than Traditional

Yeah.  But also it often doesn't look as good.  The models are obvious and stick out like a sore thumb, and the motion is awkward.  It comes off even worse when the two are mixed if the CG isn't done well and they don't mesh well at all.  Can't say I'm a fan of the CG mechas being used here in Origin.

• Sad 1