UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #60 (322) Discussion

i went to wakandacon today and some people were playing the MHA fighting game in the gaming room.

i saw that toga could transform into other characters, but i was confused like "wait, that's not her power, is it?" they never mentioned that during the anime....

and i just remembered someone here mentioning a connection between the two girls a few weeks back..jebus!

• Like 4

Just now, Roymustang1990 said:

Guess u got tired of the story

actually yes....that and because this show, like most Shonen, doesn't make good use of the female characters, is (casually, it's better than most but still is on a surface level) Homophobic, and has a tendancy to push the most likeable characters aside in the interest of having them not outshine the somewhat generic main character

and the story is somewhat dull when it's just "kid heroes in skool"

• Sad 1

I still really like it, just a shame that none of the girls in our main class have kept up with the boys in fighting prowess (despite freaking super powers) and basically have barely taken part in any of the real "dangerous" villain fights.

Pretty much ever since the Bakugo vs Ochaco fight they've been downgraded to the background.
Not to mention the vacuum of any top notch pro heroines let alone on All Might or Endeavor's level.

Though fortunately they're still well rounded and very likable at least, even if they don't get to contribute nearly as much as they should.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 3

This seems like a bad idea lol.

Also, so Bakugo apparently learned nothing from just failing the last test lol and also seeing how/why Todoroki failed.

As such, this feels like something they should both get in trouble for just like Todoroki and Inasi. If they're really gonna do it next week.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

This seems like a bad idea lol.

Also, so Bakugo apparently learned nothing from just failing the last test lol and also seeing how/why Todoroki failed.

As such, this feels like something they should both get in trouble for just like Todoroki and Inasi. If they're really gonna do it next week.

I hate that Bakugo just seems oblivious and never seems aware of how much of a dick he's being. Not sure how the writers want me to feel about him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, saito34 said:

I hate that Bakugo just seems oblivious and never seems aware of how much of a dick he's being. Not sure how the writers want me to feel about him.

Yeah I don't really feel like I know either what they expect, since he's such a massive jerk so much of the time.

I guess his internal reactions have finally slightly shifted a bit after so long, but that hasn't really changed how often he acts like a complete dick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah I don't really feel like I know either what they expect, since he's such a massive jerk so much of the time.

I guess his internal reactions have finally slightly shifted a bit after so long, but that hasn't really changed how often he acts like a complete dick.

Exactly and that’s just confusing and not how characters normally evolve. He’d be a perfect love/hate character if he wasn’t just a massive dick most of the time. I’m wondering if something gets lost in the translation.

13 hours ago, saito34 said:

MHA has a lot of characters we're told to like despite them being absolutely terrible people who should NEVER be in a position where they can call themselves heroes

Image result for MinetaImage result for BakugouRelated imageImage result for mha neitoImage result for mha flesh ballImage result for yoarashi MHA

Edited by mochi

MHA has a lot of characters we're told to like despite them being absolutely terrible people who should NEVER be in a position where they can call themselves heroes

Image result for MinetaImage result for BakugouRelated imageImage result for mha neitoImage result for mha flesh ballImage result for yoarashi MHA

I dont know all of these guys off hand, but now I'm curious how they fit that mold.

Edited by saito34

18 hours ago, mochi said:

On the contrary, I feel these characters' arcs are intriguing since they hopefully will learn and improve to overcome their trappings (Mineta: lust; Bakugo: anger; Endeavor: pride) and let their greater nature as heroes shine through. The fact that they are humanly flawed is quite an asset to the series!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia/episode-60/.136534

Grade: "A". Man, it's sad that we've only got 3 episodes left...until Season 4, which hopefully gets a better timeslot, more in line with Season 1 & 2, and the first half of Season 3, on Toonami!

• Like 1

I watched the shows I missed while I was at the family get away at the middle-of-nowhere riverside Texas hill country cabin earlier in the week, just now getting around to posting my thoughts on them, which I wrote down after watching each episode.

A whole show about Alfred, seriously?

Bakugo failed LOL.

And Todoroki too!  And the hat guy!  Due to their idiocy!

Docked for standing around.  Not allowed in this shonen LOL.

Shut the FUCK UP Mineta.

They can just take a make-up test in 3 months?

Well I guess they need every hero they can get.

Still doesn't like Todoroki LOL.

HEY THEY CAN FINALLY DO HERO STUFF NOW!

Eraser and Ms. Joke training together. :)

Cami was Toga in disguise this whole time?!  That's why she wanted the blood?!  And now she has Deku's?!  Not good!  And whose blood did she steal in the forest?  And what happened to the real Cami?

All Might visiting All for One in prison?!

THAT'S his reason?  All for One is doing this for the lulz basically?

I'm surprised this prison passed the Geneva Conventions.

All Might won't lose to All for One in this next battle.  And I hope he won't die soon either!

Bakugo and Deku are going to settle this NOW?!