UnevenEdge

FLCL Progressive prepped for a physical release, but with a big caveat (or maybe not)

Blatch

LOL. Doing this would've been questionable ten years ago, but in 2019? It's a death warrant.

On the plus side, it has some decent special features. And I'm sure Poke will want one just to put it beside the infamous Warner JoJo's set in his collection. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • D'oh 1

7 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

DVD only?? C'mon....

giphy.gif

Give us a damn blu-ray AS.

I want to pick up Progressive thanks to Jinyu being a pretty cool addition, but I'd much prefer a blu-ray, ugh.

Lol I remember that episode with the alternate reality Hercules. That show was good fun.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, elfie said:

Maki, Production IG's spoke-woman in America, says she "hopes they'll put it on more formats in the future".

This sounds reasonable to me. Let them all come out, then re-release as "the Complete Series" on Blu-Ray with all 18 episodes of all 3 seasons!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 5:37 PM, Blatch said:

LOL. Doing this would've been questionable ten years ago, but in 2019? It's a death warrant.

On the plus side, it has some decent special features. And I'm sure Poke will want one just to put it beside the infamous Warner JoJo's set in his collection. 🙂

WUT? :D

Edited by ben0119

On 7/10/2019 at 8:09 PM, Jman said:

DVD only is only done when your show is so unpopular you know no one will care.

Case in point - Voltron Legendary Defender.

So are DVDs cheaper to make than Blu-Rays or something?

I've been getting the Star Wars movies by pre-ordering through Disney's website where you get the Blu-Ray, DVD, and digital combo pack, and a set of lithographs.  But they stopped including the DVDs.  The Last Jedi and Solon don't have them.  MY COLLECTION IS NOW INCONSISTENT AND INCOMPLETE!  I think you have to get some other retailer exclusive to get the DVD now.  Not sure if you can even buy it on it's own. 

If Disney is stopping the DVDs in their combo packs then you know the format is really being phased out.  That makes it come off like it's not worth it to make DVDs anymore!

On 7/13/2019 at 5:06 AM, rpgamer said:

I haven't caught up with new tech, so, I still buy things on dvd. >_>

My first Blu-Ray was Wreck-it Ralph (which I came out in 2012?!), which I wasn't able to watch til I got a PS3 way far into its lifespan.  I sure as hell wasn't going to get the 600 dollar one.  I got a 360 instead... many of which years I played on a CRT, which I only got rid after it fell face first on the floor right after we moved one time, because it was sitting on a flimsy-ass table.  The screen didn't shatter but the picture was reduced to a skinny horizontal line going across the screen.  I had to get an HDTV then because they didn't make those old TVs anymore. 

Way back when I was basically made to get a cellphone.  I was like "we have free long distance why do I need a cellphone LOLOLOLO."  Of course it was a flip phone at first, but later I had a Blackberry.  To replace that, I didn't want to use a touch screen so I had to get a phone that had a slide out keyboard (but I think it had a touch screen too.)  Later on I basically had to get a full touch screen phone because that's all there was and went with Samsung Galaxy S5... which I'm still using.  I really do need and WANT to upgrade this phone though.

I was recording stuff on VHS well into the 2000s, Toonami, AS, various other stuff.  I stopped doing it because I didn't want to watch, much less record SD stuff on my HDTV, so I finally got a DVR.  But I haven't come anywhere close to replacing my VHS movie and TV show collection on DVD, much less gotten Blu-Rays of all the DVDs.  And now with everything streamable it's not as big of a deal.  I would definitely prefer to own a lot of my favorites on Blu-Ray or something of course but it's also a matter of cost.  I'm also worried about some movies and TV shows being lost to history because they didn't get put on DVD or Blu-Ray.  If videogames go fully digital that will be terrible for gaming for a whole host of reasons.

But yeah as tech savvy as I am, I am also set in my ways and routines and don't like to change my stuff, but part of it is also affordability!  And don't get me started on 4K!  Human eyes can't even see it without a ridiculously huge TV!

• Blatch changed the title to FLCL Progressive prepped for a physical release, but with a big caveat (or maybe not)
4 hours ago, elfie said:

Probably should've done that first.

The wait at least kinda makes some actual sense now if they're going to include both series in the blu-ray set.

Guessing now it'll probably come out at the same time as Alternative's DVD.

Edited by DangerMouse

• 4 months later...