UnevenEdge

i don't remember the last time i was inside a dollar store

Naraku4656

2 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

they always seemed more expensive than a regular grocery store for most things except for like greeting cards and wrapping paper.

I only go to dollar trees. Where they legit sell only a $1 items. Usually for project stuff or Xmas supplies. 

33 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

they always seemed more expensive than a regular grocery store for most things except for like greeting cards and wrapping paper.

The Phillips head screwdrivers there are made of soft metal.  You can only drive three screws with one before it's wrecked.

Just now, zombieninjakitten said:

I shop at Dollar Tree and buy most of my personal items there and a lot groceries, pet food, cleaning supplies, etc.  I’m poor so Dollar Tree is kind of an economic oasis for me.

maybe you might be able to answer better but i've never seen how it's less expensive than a walmart for most stuff. like the soup cans there i can regularly find for half the price elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

maybe you might be able to answer better but i've never seen how it's less expensive than a walmart for most stuff. like the soup cans there i can regularly find for half the price elsewhere.

You're shopping at the wrong dollar stores

10 minutes ago, Poof said:

You're shopping at the wrong dollar stores

maybe, i've tried going to the dollar tree and a walmart on the same day last week out of sheer curiosity, which that and fuggs's thread inspired this one, and campbell's soup was 93 cents at walmart and $1 at dollar tree.

4 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

yeah i was reading a similar article earlier. i knew greeting cards were fairly standard. says that canned goods aren't a good deal usually, hmm. i'll have to go back then and take a look elsewhere cause that's mainly what i checked

also the best dollar stores aren't the national chains. like the more fucked up it looks the better.

12 minutes ago, Poof said:

Gonna have to partially disagree with number 1 on that list.

Dollar store balloons (which count as a party supply) are very much NOT worth the money. They're just... so bad. >.<

People need to learn to stop cheaping out on balloons. Good balloons are so worth it.

Edited by TrigunBebop
  • Thanks 1

i love dollar general and family dollar and am always finding stuff in them that i cant find other places. my coolest find was a really nice vampire like top with reinforcements from dollar general for only $10. i would have willing paid $50 for that top! it was perfect for halloween or when i wanna look really sexy.