UnevenEdge

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - 08/09/19

Guest Bucket

On 6/3/2019 at 7:40 PM, SorceressPol said:

I need someone else to make this thread.

Don't worry about it. How much sweeter would it be to ignore bucket and go on about it without him?

I've been following this film's development for awhile. I think its official twitter followed me back I unno. But I'm super excited for it. Those books so fucked me up when I was little.

• Like 2

Guest Bucket

Are we seriously going pedal to the metal into Retardville?

I can't like something a racist likes! UGGGHHH! THE DISSONANCE!!! 

Fine. 

Go fuck yourselves in kind. 

Getting BACK ON TOPIC; the movie looks pretty good. I probably won't go out of my way to see it, but it looks good. Like a less shitty Goosebumps movie. 

18 hours ago, Poof said:

Don't worry about it. How much sweeter would it be to ignore bucket and go on about it without him?

I've been following this film's development for awhile. I think its official twitter followed me back I unno. But I'm super excited for it. Those books so fucked me up when I was little.

To this day, if some old lady asks me to carry her covered basket, that bitch is on her own.

24 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

To this day, if some old lady asks me to carry her covered basket, that bitch is on her own.

I replay bloody fingers in my head all the time. And that one illustration w/the lady with the dead face. I don't remember which story it's from, but I will never forget it. Traumatized me in the best way for life.

001.gif

that one

59 minutes ago, Cidz said:

omg i had those books as a kid! when i think about it, the stories werent all that scary, it was the illustrations that got to me. im 34 yrs old and i still cant look at those illustrations lol. 

Some were quite unsettling. I remember the one with the sister and brother stranded on the side of the road while a serial killer is on the loose, and the brother reassures the sister that everything is going to be fine and leaves to find help, saying that when he returns he'll knock on the window three times. She hides and eventually hears the knocks, but it happens more than three times and she finds out its her brothers foot tapping on the window, his corpse hanging from a branch. That one has always stuck with me.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 8:58 PM, SorceressPol said:

I think she was one of the murdered ghost stories. That picture was gruesome as fuck to me as a kid, and it's actually still kind of hard to look at directly.

I know. Like I like horror movies. Disturbing ones w/gorey images, but bc that one got me when I was little it has power even tho I've seen much more gruesome things since then.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric said:

This was the art that creeped me out as a kid, as we always had cats in the house.

latest?cb=20130114014717&path-prefix=hal

D'aww Those cuties got you? :P

I think pretty much everyone agrees the illustrations were what made the books such classics and so freaky

Edited by Poof

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 9:35 PM, renjifan said:

Anyone seen this yet? My sister wants me to go see it with her, but I’m contemplating whether or not I want to. We read/owned the books as a kid, but I’m not a huge scary movie person. Is it pretty creepy?

I never read the books but the movie is not scary. I was more scared listening to the audio book on youtube because the narrator was the bomb 

• Thanks 1