UnevenEdge

One year later

Kudasai

So this week it'll be a full year since my grandmother's passing and basically my life completely changing...pretty much for the better in all honesty.  And that's been the thing I've been struggling with these past 12 months. I can't help but feel guilty that these positive changes happened because she died. It's an awkward feeling because I do miss her but at the same time I'm happy because I'm finally living on my own. Does that make me a bad person?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kudasai said:

So this week it'll be a full year since my grandmother's passing and basically my life completely changing...pretty much for the better in all honesty.  And that's been the thing I've been struggling with these past 12 months. I can't help but feel guilty that these positive changes happened because she died. It's an awkward feeling because I do miss her but at the same time I'm happy because I'm finally living on my own. Does that make me a bad person?

Nah, without knowing all the details. Toxic people, however they go, are good when they are gone.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kudasai said:

That just makes you a perfectly normal human being. People are gonna feel all kinds of things when relatives pass, good or bad. If you acted as her caretaker in any way, feeling relief afterwards isn't a surprise because that's lifting a big burden off your shoulders, even if you didn't admit it was that at the time. What matters most is what you did when she alive. If she cared about you, you moving on with your life in a positive manner afterwards should have made her happy.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kudasai said:

It doesn't make you a bad person. Enjoy the positives and be proud of your growth 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, Kudasai said:

Sometimes, people that love us can still hold us back unintentionally.  Circumstances can make things untenable, so you should not feel guilt about it and you not feeling guilty should not be construed as disrespecting her or what she meant to you.

• Thanks 1