UnevenEdge

adultswim anime question

last weekend i managed to stay up late enough to at least see them list all the anime on AS

so what do u know about them and are any of them any good?? thinking i might put one on auto record but its gotta be like.. really interesting.. like the best, ok??? 

They're all really good! Most are a bit of a challenge to just jump into though. MHA is fairly episodic in nature at times, as is Dragon Ball Super. That's why they're on earlier. Attack on Titan, Promised Neverland, Sword Art Online, and JoJo are all quite serial in nature so watching a random episode, you may feel a little lost. Black Clover is somewhat progressive, but the main story doesn't really go anywhere significant (at least not so far) so it's a little easier to jump into, and then the Narutoverse hour (2 AM) can be hit-or-miss. Finally, Hunter x Hunter is quite involved but at least it won't be on much longer.

If you're looking to get into some shows on the ground floor, Lupin the 3rd Part 5 begins June 15th and Gundam: The Origin begins July 6th. "Part 5" SOUNDS like you would have to have seen the first 4 "parts" to get a good idea what Lupin is about, but the parts themselves are pretty well self-contained. Some episodes will even be "caper-of-the-day" if it's anything like Part 4 was. As for Gundam, yes, it's Universal Century, and really involved, but at least this one will start pretty much at the very beginning!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I watch all of it but I suppose it depends on what you like, genre wise

Owl made some good points about jumping into things, a lot of what's on now is in the middle of stuff so you might need to backtrack to understand things that are happening. Promised Neverland is pretty recent so it'd be easier to start from the beginning and catch up.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fuggstop said:

last weekend i managed to stay up late enough to at least see them list all the anime on AS

so what do u know about them and are any of them any good?? thinking i might put one on auto record but its gotta be like.. really interesting.. like the best, ok??? 

Personal opinion...

My Hero Academia - 9.5.  In the middle of season 3. Will still need to introduce more characters but otherwise they're nearing the end of the latest complete season before Season 4 premieres in Japan this Fall.

Dragonball Super - 7. Near the end of the latest tournament arc and thus the whole Super show.

The Promised Neverland - 9.  Middle of the anime. I hope they air Season 2 when it also airs in Japan.

Attack on Titan Season 3 Part II -  9.5.  Just started.

Sword Art Online: Alizication - 6.  Still the best SAO season of the entire franchise. I expect them to segue smoothly into the next season.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 8.5.  Only a few episodes left.

Black Clover - I don't talk about Black Clover.  Don't even start with me.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 5.  Meh. They're fighting .... something, I assume.

Naruto Shippuden - 5.  At least they're finally off the goddamn boat.

Hunter x Hunter - 10.  Also only has a few episodes left.

"Sword Art Online: Alizication - 6.  Still the best SAO season of the entire franchise. I expect them to segue smoothly into the next season."

I wouldn't count on that. Not by a long shot. Even if a "simuldub" or other speedy dub were possible, it would be about 3 SAO-less months before we get to that since the "Alicization - War of Underworld" begins in October: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-30/sword-art-online-alicization-war-of-underworld-anime-teaser-reveals-october-premiere/.145214

On 5/28/2019 at 7:49 PM, Daos said:

Non space is ok then?

Big O was ok for what it was. 

And it was only 2 seasons long with the same people. Gundam just keeps farting out the same general thing over and over again for multiple series, just set at different points in time. It bores me. And I'm willing to sit through videos on some really boring crap so that's saying a lot. :D I  know there are fans so I don't dump in the discussion threads but opinion time thread means I can say it's poop. :P:D:D:D 

I think I was just forced to watch it at some point when I really wasn't in the mood at all and it's completely ruined ever bothering with it seriously ever again. 

53 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Big O was ok for what it was. 

And it was only 2 seasons long with the same people. Gundam just keeps farting out the same general thing over and over again for multiple series, just set at different points in time. It bores me. And I'm willing to sit through videos on some really boring crap so that's saying a lot. :D I  know there are fans so I don't dump in the discussion threads but opinion time thread means I can say it's poop. :P:D:D:D 

I think I was just forced to watch it at some point when I really wasn't in the mood at all and it's completely ruined ever bothering with it seriously ever again. 

I've only seen Iron Blood and 3 episodes of Unicorn. Hated it. Boring, and only exists due to massive nostalgia in my opinion. These shows absolutely do not hold up on their own but people pretend they do.

I'm honestly not a huge Big O fan either. That theme music is epic though.

I'll give you that Gundam Unicorn is a MAJOR nostalgia trip. I can't say Gundam Origin won't be either. Except instead of a Char Aznable knockoff, we're actually getting Char Aznable!

I guess that means you actually liked IBO since it was an alternative universe timeline and not part of the Universal Century main story?