UnevenEdge

Toonami MomoCon 2019 panel announcement predictions!

There are 3 shows ending on Toonami soon after JoJo gets replaced by Lupin (assuming no marathon on July 6th):

• The Promised Neverland (Ends 6/29; empty slot 7/6?)
  • Hunter X Hunter (Also Ends 6/22; empty slot 6/29)
  • Sword Art Online: Alicization (Ends 7/13 assuming no 7/6 marathon; empty slot 7/20)

I believe their replacements will be announced at MomoCon, at least the first two. Also, we'll get something about The Forge and maybe a teaser for the Blade Runner series as well.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Whatever Demarco announces, I bet one of the new shows is met with dead silence like Boruto was.

Also, the obligatory questions about if Toonami will air a certain something when they explicitly said not to ask those types of questions.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to announce High Guardian Spice!”

They announce The Rising of the Shield Hero and people actively boo at it.

I know that's not really a serious example, but I can't come up with anything. That must be what I get for not following anything on the block right now.

• Haha 1

You got that right. I just want to live in a world where people boo this really popular isekai, which only turned out that way because of Crunchyroll's hyperbolic promotion of it, because it portrays slavery as a moral good.

Okay, serious prediction time: Demon Slayer replaces The Promised Neverland, Tokyo Ghoul;re temporarily replaces SAO, and the block shrinks by a half-hour instead of replacing HxH. We also get a preview of The Forge and most people shrug their shoulders at it.

4 hours ago, Blatch said:

You got that right. I just want to live in a world where people boo this really popular isekai, which only turned out that way because of Crunchyroll's hyperbolic promotion of it, because it portrays slavery as a moral good.

Okay, serious prediction time: Demon Slayer replaces The Promised Neverland, Tokyo Ghoul;re temporarily replaces SAO, and the block shrinks by a half-hour instead of replacing HxH. We also get a preview of The Forge and most people shrug their shoulders at it.

Apparently you don't know that.....

Hippity hoppity women are property.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blatch said:

JoJo Part 5 has to go somewhere...

The panel is starting RIGHT NOW!

I'll post little tidbits as they pop up on the Toonami news twitter feed.

-The Forge TIE will begin in November and Beau Billingslea will be involved with it (SPIKE AND JET REUNION!)

-Gundam: The Origin will be on the block at some point

-Both seasons of FLCL are now available with subs on Crunchyroll

-They have 4 shows waiting in the wings, but only two of them can be announced right now

-They have about 3 or 4 ORIGINAL shows planned besides the new Blade Runner

-They're looking for more non-action shows for the block (pray that its nothing like Pop Team Epic, the show that doesn't exist)

-The Dub premieres of AoT and Lupin Part V were shown at the pannel

Edited by 3ngag3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

Announcements so far:

FLCL Progressive/Alternative subtitled versions now available on Crunchyroll

Lupin the 3rd Part 5 coming June 15th (timeslot still unknown)

Gundam returns with The Origin on July 6th (and DAMN, was that promo SWEET!!!)

The Forge will be LONG for a TIE--6 PARTS of like 5 minutes each, is coming 11/9/19, and will be the last TIE for a while.

• Confused 1

The Q&A wasn't remotely useful except for the "more originals" bit. And after the panel, they got to show AOT #50 to the in-house crowd. You'll see it tomorrow night.

I believe the dub of Golden Wind may simply not be ready yet, so JoJo goes on hiatus. But will it replace H×H or SAO-A? Also, it's looking like we're gonna get through 8 full months of Toonami without a marathon!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1