UnevenEdge

Family Guy Is Moving To Freeform

The1gairon

2 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

When was the last time Family Guy was edgy?

Compared to the usual wholesome glitter fart parade that is Disney, 'Family Guy' isn't exactly 'Father Knows Best' . I know that Disney is trying to expand it's appeal [ hence ABCFamily becoming FreeForm so they could aire things other than things approved by snarling bibble-grannies ] but snapping up everything isn't going to really do that. 

21 hours ago, elfie said:

Did we just witness the fastest network turn-around after CN Real!?

Maybe they were in some form of negotiations and someone fired off a prepared twit about it by accident. 

I'm not sure how long the Turner contract is Family Guy but I could have sworn it's really sewn up fairly well after the incident with Futurama. The Cleveland Show we can probably ignore for now. 

3 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Maybe they were in some form of negotiations and someone fired off a prepared twit about it by accident. 

I'm not sure how long the Turner contract is Family Guy but I could have sworn it's really sewn up fairly well after the incident with Futurama. The Cleveland Show we can probably ignore for now. 

I now decree all tweets shall be calls twits.

On 3/26/2019 at 5:42 PM, katt_goddess said:

Compared to the usual wholesome glitter fart parade that is Disney, 'Family Guy' isn't exactly 'Father Knows Best' . I know that Disney is trying to expand it's appeal [ hence ABCFamily becoming FreeForm so they could aire things other than things approved by snarling bibble-grannies ] but snapping up everything isn't going to really do that. 

I was regularly watching That 70s Show on ABC Family like 5 years ago. They stopped caring about the 'family' image long ago.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's official now. Okay then.

At least [as] has quite a while to plan out their post-FG future. And at least they get to keep American Dad! due to TBS's production of new episodes... even though those two networks aren't related anymore, but I'm sure Warner can keep it going around.

Hah. Maybe that's why they were toying around with Adventure Time a while back.

Can't say I'm sad to see it go (Bob's Burgers, tho...), but, also can't really deny that it's held up the block/network for most of its life.

Either this will be the time [as] learns what they're capable of without depending on the crutch, or they find out they've been propping up a corpse for years.

• Like 1