UnevenEdge

Netflix Iron Fist

Jman

I've never read the comics and this looks corny as hell to me. When the other Marvel shows' trailers dropped, they always made me damn near giddy to watch them. This made me feel nothing except a twitch of interest when the old lady appears. Danny Rand and the other bad guys are just blandy mcbland. They really should have gone with the Asian dude as the lead(blonde highlights in his hair for bitchy fans) because he had a better onscreen presence and fighting wise definitely had a better refined style. And it's not just because the lead was kept white. The guy playing Daredevil didn't come off this bland either.

• 1 month later...

i found it entertaining if not on par with the other marvel/netflix shows.

the dialogue was pretty clunky and some of the acting was a bit hammy.

i don't get the hate for the fight choreography though.

i also don't remember jessica henwick being that hot on game of thrones.

might have to rewatch those episodes...

It was a bit disappointing for me honestly. I do not like the main character. But other than that, the rest of the cast was great. Some of the writing was meh and so was the fighting, but I think if there's a second season they'll have all that worked out.

Second half blows the first half away.  Too many people tried stoking controversy combined with a slow first half to dismiss the show when it ended up pretty good.

Also fuck Enter the Badlands.

why?, does it have a male gay character or some other minority you don't like? ::]::

why?, does it have a male gay character or some other minority you don't like? ::]::

Jman's mad because Iron Fist is getting clowned on especially in comparison to Into the Badlands whose showrunners were like, 'Hey, our lead is like a total badass in martial arts, it'd be a good idea to actually cast someone good in it, don't ya think? Oh and everyone should have proper training for their fights.' Competent decisions like that are probably why Into the Badlands has scenes like this:

While Iron Fist has badly cut shit like this because the lead actor can't even perform the simplest of fighting moves:

Jman's mad because Iron Fist is getting clowned on especially in comparison to Into the Badlands whose showrunners were like, 'Hey, our lead is like a total badass in martial arts, it'd be a good idea to actually cast someone good in it, don't ya think? Oh and everyone should have proper training for their fights.' Competent decisions like that are probably why Into the Badlands has scenes like this:

While Iron Fist has badly cut shit like this because the lead actor can't even perform the simplest of fighting moves:

I was just asking because Jman apparently thinks all male gay characters are instant stereotypes and should never be part of a story, same with Trans characters

(he insists he's okay with lesbians though)

he also thinks you can't have a latino Character be LGBT or they're automatically ruined

...No Mochi.

Badlands is just...bad.  And it's like, you give me popcorn and a Shaw Bros. movie for two hours, and I'm pretty happy.  Inframan was awesome, Master of the Flying Gulliotine and Five Deadly Venoms are classics, etc.

But Badlands...sucked.

No, Badlands sucks.

And Iron Fist was far from perfect.  It wasn't terrible, but the first half is slow and it builds, but there's a lot I would have done with the pacing and the early fight scenes. 

Badlands fucking sucks.

• 4 weeks later...