UnevenEdge

Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex HD Rerun Discussion

Blatch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good Laughing Man heavy episode that will be followed with a string of mostly forgettable stand alone episodes.  Though the Tachikoma sentience ones start next week and the second one takes place 5 weeks from now. 

But it is all stand alone episodes until the season climax starts.

In all fairness, as much as I say I want a Tachikoma, this specific scenario: an Artificial Intelligence gaining sentience and escaping in the wide world is raising alarms across the board.

And the fact that he just tossed that dog kind of verifies my point.

In all fairness, as much as I say I want a Tachikoma, this specific scenario: an Artificial Intelligence gaining sentience and escaping in the wide world is raising alarms across the board.

And the fact that he just tossed that dog kind of verifies my point.

it's ultron all over again

I dunno why people try to hide death from kids

it's a fact of life

only reason people probably fear it is because we're taught to

Pretty much all cultures, except the U.S., introduce the concept at a young age.  We just ignore it until someone important dies and expect the kid to handle it simply because talking about the concept beforehand is "awkward".

To be fair, I remember a bunch of 80's children's movies that dealt with death quite well. 

We, as the audience, know that.  But if you were in that show's universe at this point in time, you could not know that.

plus since robots don't understand basic concepts of life  you would be terrified of these things roaming around because if they cannot decipher what is life  what is death  what's the difference between good and evil then you eventually end up with a machine doing heinous things just to experience them

Hmmm...I'm not sure we want to know what that's made of thanks to the Tachikoma.

Since it's Japan, probably cow.  Japan's food tastes are actually more similar to ours.  They don't eat dog, cat, guinea pig, etc., or whatever pet we have here.  Maybe because we introduced those species there as pets and people have a hard time learning to eat an animal they once had as a pet.

still find it funny that they were all so terrified of self ware Tachikomas here when it turned out the Tachikomas were nice and saved their asses in the end

they were a bit too brainwashed by self aware robot clichees

still find it funny that they were all so terrified of self ware Tachikomas here when it turned out the Tachikomas were nice and saved their asses in the end

they were a bit too brainwashed by self aware robot clichees

Let's save it for that episode.  But like I said, at this point in time, Section 9 has no way of knowing they won't just go rogue.