UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super: Broly screening

Satou Kazuma

8 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

It probably differs depending on where you live. Columbus has Saturday showings, so it's not completely out of the question for there to be a weekend screening.

Yeah because the local theatre (not one of those one night only Fathom events productions) was advertising it same as any other movie.

Guess I'm lucky, the 12:30 showing I went to yesterday was barely half-full and even then it was considered one of the must-sees of the day.

ASSORTED THOUGHTS

• Movie was fun. I'd see it again.
  • Rated TV-PGLV for various uses of "bastard" and the requisite Saiyan-on-Saiyan fighting, plus two bloodless shots through the heart for good measure.
  • I felt a little awkward during the scenes referencing the Tournament of Power having already happened. Good thing all it really spoiled was Frieza being free to do what Frieza does.
  • "Call me Kakarot" felt less like Goku accepting his Saiyan heritage at long last and more a jab at it being all Broly could say in his last two movies. :D
  • I got five movie trailers. Mirai looks good save for the random furshit, How to Train Your Dragon 3 spoiled the whole movie, Mega Time Squad seems like it'll be a fun time (at least for cultists), the second Hunter x Hunter movie is so non-canon it doesn't actually hurt, and forget everything else, all I wanna know is why the Lego Movie 2 takes place in an apocalyptic wasteland. I assume for no reason, or at least because Mad Max is apparently still hip.
  • The butter flavoring on the theater popcorn was vegan. This pleased my emotional allergy to milk products.
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 6:18 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Guess I'm lucky, the 12:30 showing I went to yesterday was barely half-full and even then it was considered one of the must-sees of the day.

ASSORTED THOUGHTS

• Movie was fun. I'd see it again.
  • Rated TV-PGLV for various uses of "bastard" and the requisite Saiyan-on-Saiyan fighting, plus two bloodless shots through the heart for good measure.
  • I felt a little awkward during the scenes referencing the Tournament of Power having already happened. Good thing all it really spoiled was Frieza being free to do what Frieza does.
  • "Call me Kakarot" felt less like Goku accepting his Saiyan heritage at long last and more a jab at it being all Broly could say in his last two movies. :D
  • I got five movie trailers. Mirai looks good save for the random furshit, How to Train Your Dragon 3 spoiled the whole movie, Mega Time Squad seems like it'll be a fun time (at least for cultists), the second Hunter x Hunter movie is so non-canon it doesn't actually hurt, and forget everything else, all I wanna know is why the Lego Movie 2 takes place in an apocalyptic wasteland. I assume for no reason, or at least because Mad Max is apparently still hip.
  • The butter flavoring on the theater popcorn was vegan. This pleased my emotional allergy to milk products.

We got a preview for an anime movie called I Want to Eat Your Pancreas

Spoiler

Given how popular Broly was despite only appearing in movies..... I guess it was a no brainer to retcon it so he lives and gets to be one of the good guys eventually. Giving him a backstory that wasn't ridiculous was a nice change.

2 hours ago, TrigunBebop said:

I keep reading this thread's title as "Dragon Ball Super: Broly Screaming". :|

Which is oddly fitting. :|

The one really screaming is Justin Chatwin, since this film apparently outdid Evolution’s all time worldwide gross in one week. 

Then again, since that train wreck the biggest role Chatwin got was a guest spot in Doctor Who, so Evolution effectively killed his career.

Edited by Jman