UnevenEdge

putting down the dog today

wacky1980

not my dog, my wife's. she got the dog as a pup around 14 years ago. chloe is a blue heeler, pretty intelligent, super nice, and loved the human kiddos. she's now blind, deaf, and as of about a week ago, stopped eating altogether. so i have the unfortunate task of visiting the vet this afternoon and doing the deed. wife is staying home, which is probably a good thing because she's already a mess. so that should be a fun drive.

anyways, peace out pupper. it's been fun.

hPh2VWW.jpg

ugh. wife has been putting it off for a couple months because she was holding onto hope that the dog would snap out of it. and she's not ill that we can determine. just and old pupper that i think has made the decision that she's ready to let go. she lost about 10 pounds in the last couple weeks, and until last night, i couldn't get her to eat for over a week. but she's so out of it that when she gets up, she constantly turns in a circle because she can't get her bearings. i have to put the food right in her face in order for her to even try to eat it.

it's one of those things where her quality of life has been so poor over the last couple months that this should probably have been done back in the fall, but the wife wouldn't let it happen. kinda sucks.

well, that's done.

wife is handling it better than i thought she would. leaving the house with the dog was hard though. wife kinda lost it when i brought the dog in for one last goodbye. i think i might've squeezed a tear out myself.  old chloe bird took it like a champ though. didn't make a peep when they gave her the shot, just kinda curled up in my lap and went to sleep.

fuck.

Damn, Saddy had to put her dog down today too. Cancer.

Yeah, it's strange how many people are posting about losing a pet.  I had to put my Julie to sleep on Monday because she was convulsing.  Then, someone I know from school had to put his cat to sleep Tuesday. Then, I saw Saddy post.  Now this.