UnevenEdge

NHL 19-20, still a sport, still the same thread.

Master-Debater131

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kudasai said:

This one is just baffling. The other firings there were rumblings that you could hear prior to the firing. This one seems to have come out of nowhere. 

7 hours ago, Kudasai said:

Apparently they said it wasn't for the same kind of reason Peters was fired, which just raised further questions.

OK it's rant time...

So the Oilers are struggling at the moment and a part of me just feels happy about it. I don't feeling this way because I've watched when they were a dumpster fire for years so it's nice finally watch an Edmonton OIlers game not feel like I have to ask myself "what am I doing with my life?" But reason why I'm grinning at the Oilers' struggles is the NHL media won't shut the hell up about McDavid and Draisaitl. Yes they're both off to a fantastic seasons but so is David Pastrnak and John Carlson. And I know that those two have also gotten their fair share of covarage but not to the level of McDavid and Draisaitl. The constant comparisons to Gretzky and Lemieux is getting annoying. Sidney Crosby type of annoying. I'm sure that Edmonton will get out of their slump but I just the media would just dial it back on the McDavid and Draisaitl love fest. They're not the next Gretzky and Kurri at least not yet. Let's just wait and see what they do in the post season before we start anointing them as the G.O.A.T.s 

Edited by Kudasai

Ugh...I just finished watching Minnesota lose 7-3 to Pittsburgh. The Wild should just go ahead and put Bruce Broudreau out of his misery I mean that was painful to watch. All the money spent on Suter and Parise and they have nothing to show for it:|

Edited by Kudasai

• StarPanda locked, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • StarPanda unpinned this topic