UnevenEdge

NHL 19-20, still a sport, still the same thread.

Master-Debater131

3 hours ago, Kudasai said:

Watching the Bruins/Pens games on NBC and I must say that the broadcast team sounds a hell of a lot better without Pierre McGuire 

I'm just trying to figure out how the Penguins came up with an alt that made them look MORE like Boston somehow.

With Seattle coming in to the fray in 2021 has has anyone heard of the possibility of realignment? You would have realign everything right? Cause I don't think you can just throw Seattle in the Pacific Division and call it a day because the west would looking horribly imbalanced with 7 teams in the central and 9 in pacific. If the league is going to realign the teams then I think they should do it similar to the NFL where you have two conferences with 4 divisions in each conference. Feel free to make fun of me but here's how I would it...                                                                                                                 

Western Conference

Central Division                          Pacific Division                       Northwest Division                  Southwest Division

1. Chicago                                   1. Los Angeles                        1. Seattle                                   1. Colorado  

2. St. Louis                                  2. Anaheim                              2. Vancouver                             2. Arizona

3. Minnesota                               3. San Jose                             3. Calgary                                  3. Nashville

4. Winnipeg                                  4. Vegas                                  4. Edmonton                             4. Dallas 

Eastern Conference

Northeast Division                             Atlantic Division                           Metropolitan Division                         Southeast Division 

1. Pittsburgh                                        1. Toronto                                       1. NY Rangers                                      1. Washington

2. Detroit                                              2. Ottawa                                        2.  NY Islanders                                    2. Carolina

3. Columbus                                        3. Montreal                                     3. New Jersey                                      3. Tampa Bay

4. Buffalo                                             4. Boston                                        4. Philadelphia                                     4. Floridia

Edited by Kudasai

As far as the playoff format goes I would just have the top two teams from each division make the playoffs which would still make it 8 teams from each conference. The first round match up would be 1 vs. 2 the divisions. Reseed in the teams in the second round by going off who their point totals in the regular season. Same thing in the third round and the final round I guess.It's not perfect I'm sure I fucked up somewhere so again feel free to ridicule me:|

2 hours ago, Kudasai said:

With Seattle coming in to the fray in 2021 has has anyone heard of the possibility of realignment? You would have realign everything right? Cause I don't think you can just throw Seattle in the Pacific Division and call it a day because the west would looking horribly imbalanced with 7 teams in the central and 9 in pacific.                                                                                                                 

From Wikipedia: "The NHL Board of Governors voted unanimously to approve Seattle's expansion team on December 4, 2018. Seattle will begin play in the 2021–22 season as a member of the Pacific Division in the Western Conference; therefore the Arizona Coyotes will shift from the Pacific Division to the Central Division to balance out the four divisions at eight teams each."

• Thanks 1

• StarPanda locked, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • StarPanda unpinned this topic