UnevenEdge

Boruto: Naruto next generations ep - 1 discussion

mochi

So weird having such a drastic time skip.  And after the first story isn't finished.  Everyone all grown up.

Boruto coming into his Byakugan, cool.

Get MILF Hinata out of that frumpy outfit right now!  Your can't appreciate the goods at all like this!

Little sister is cute.

So this is the one kid not born of original series ninjas?

Sarada huh.  Those glasses, like Karen's...

Smashed into the Naruto Hokage face LOL.

• Like 1

spoilers i can see for people who haven't seen naruto past where toonami is in shippuden

1. I guess Naruto becomes the Hokage at some point and has his face up on the hokage mountain. likely the 7th, by what Kawaki says in the prologue

2. I guess Kakashi becomes the sixth after all, since his face is up on the mountain too

3. I guess Naruto ends up wit Hinata and not Sakura since hinata's clearly the mom in the intro

I guess something's happened to Naruto's arm, since it's continually wrapped in bandages. i just really liked this development in the manga and i didn't feel like spoiling it if somebody didn't  notice

5. I guess Shikamaru grows up and has a kid of his own.

I like Shikadai a lot, though. his introduction seems really laid back and made me think about what it would be like to be a preteen with superhuman abilities everyone thinks are normal. just jumps off the train and swings from the telephone line like it's no big deal while berating his buddy and finishing his limited edition hamburger

6. I guess The Akimichi clan continues, presumably by way of Choji, who seems to have hooked up with someone from the hidden cloud for some reason.

7. I guess Konohamaru survives to become a jounin

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

6. I guess The Akimichi clan continues, presumably by way of Choji, who seems to have hooked up with someone from the hidden cloud for some reason.

the reason was just because every single character needed to have babies according to Kishimoto and Pierrot

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Jman said:

This is less a sequel and more an exhuming of a corpse.

Give Bleach credit, it didn’t give us a pointless sequel, just a live action movie with the relationship everyone thought made more sense anyway.

yeah Boruto is just Pierrot trying to get blood out of a turnip by forcing all the characters into insanely improbable romances (some between two charactes who canonically hate eachother) with babies

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mochi said:

yeah Boruto is just Pierrot trying to get blood out of a turnip by forcing all the characters into insanely improbable romances (some between two charactes who canonically hate eachother) with babies

Pierrot: "YOU ARE ALL GONNA MAKE HOT SEX WITH YOUR MORTAL ENEMY OR ELSE!"

Characters: "Why the hell would I ever--OOOOooooh wow that feels good.."

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, elfie said:

Pierrot: "YOU ARE ALL GONNA MAKE HOT SEX WITH YOUR MORTAL ENEMY OR ELSE!"

Characters: "Why the hell would I ever--OOOOooooh wow that feels good.."

And that’s how Choji married someone he knew for all of five minutes.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, that was a train wreck. Right into the side of Naruto's statue's forehead!!

methinks Pierrot's writers might have known what they were getting into when they began the series with a LITERAL train wreck

• Haha 3

On 10/1/2018 at 8:56 AM, mochi said:

the reason was just because every single character needed to have babies according to Kishimoto and Pierrot

to be perfectly honest, if it were up to me, i'd have paired choji with ino. ever since th comments she made about his body back in part 1, ive had that thought in the back of my mind.

they'd have twins -- one to carry on the body manipulation ninjutsu and one to carry on the mind manipulation ninjutsu. or, hell, maybe they'd both have skills in both arenas.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 12:48 PM, mochi said:

yep

well, to be fair (as out of the blue as it may have seemed, they had roughly three years to get to know each other and fall in love before their child was born. a lot of relationships reach that point inside of three years.

it's what i say when people knock the SasuHina crack ship by saying they don't know each other. they barely knew each other at 16. it's possible for them to have become close at 17 and married at 20. happens all the time in the real world.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

to be perfectly honest, if it were up to me, i'd have paired choji with ino. ever since th comments she made about his body back in part 1, ive had that thought in the back of my mind.

they'd have twins -- one to carry on the body manipulation ninjutsu and one to carry on the mind manipulation ninjutsu. or, hell, maybe they'd both have skills in both arenas.

CHOJI AND INO WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY MADE SENSE!!!!

Spoiler

but nooooo she married Sai (who was always implied to be gay) just because he looks vaguely like Sasuke

• Haha 1