UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 77 Discussion

3 minutes ago, elfie said:

How come ther always has to be a figure of higher position than the last ones??

It's getting annoying!  And Beerus and Zeno don't make any sense.  Why would you have malovelant gods?  Old Kai even said there was no logic or reason, meaning no "greater purpose" to Beerus' destruction.  Makes him sound like an illegitimate god!  And you've seen how Zeno acts!

1. did the zenos accidentally destroy a universe because goku distracted them?

2. bulma's pregnant!! it's time for Bra!!

3. i could swear chi chi decided to focus on combat for goten. like, she didnt need  him to study. where did that go?

4. Vegeta's such a sentimental guy now. <3

5. none of us can understand how goku's still married

6. Goku realy doesn't understand ths whole "zeno can end all reality" thing, does he?

7. oh this shitty ending theme

• Like 1

also the fact that they changed the animation style, opening AND title card Music makes me feel like they really did mean for this last arc to be like a Hard Reset on the series....they just chose to shift from trying to combine classic DB and Z to go straight to JUST trying to copy Z

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, Roymustang1990 said:

I thought her name was bra

"Bulla" is actually NOT a "censored" form of "Bra;" it's actually just ENGRISH for "Bra!"

Think about it: the Japanese would pronounce "Bra" as "Bu-Ra" or "Bu-La"! It's actually similar to "Giru" in GT; the animation of that series actually spelled his name "GILL." "Gi-Ru" is just how the Japanese would say "GILL!"

But anyway, I don't think her name has been announced yet in Super. They MIGHT just go with "Bra," and maybe her middle name will be "Zeer?"

Edited by OwlChemist81

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:49 PM, ben0119 said:

Introduced at the end of Z and she's called that instead of Bra because the old censorship happy days of Funimation!

I'm not sure it was censorship in her case, but rather, as I explained above, "Engrish mistransration!" It's not blatant as how Mr. Satan became "Hercule." The only thing those have in common is the mouth movements are similar!

10 hours ago, mochi said:

The dubbed Opening was sung by Nate wants to battle

so apperently Funi is hiring Anime song cover youtubers to sing their dubbed OP's now

They have for a long time. They did it for Super's FIRST ED song!  I know dubbing songs isn't something Funimation usually does anymore because of the time and money they lack for it, but Youtubers??

8 hours ago, Daos said:

Pretty sure it was censorship. They couldn't even have place bad people go when they die be hell........ they had to make it HFIL.

Maybe it was a little of both? Censorship achieved through Engrish??

The thing about the HF.I.L was that it was probably inconvenient in the dialog but convenient on-screen. The shirts on the backs of Gozu and Mezu both said "HELL", which had to be doctored so that the bottom parts of the letters "E" and "L" were removed and it read "HF.I.L". Bet THAT wasn't cheap!

• StarPanda unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...