UnevenEdge

My old Corvette is on Craigslist...

Rogue_Alphonse

I'll just come out and say it; stick shift cars are stupid.

Why should I have to learn how to properly time shifting the gears in my car by moving a stick in just such a way? Automatic cars do that shit FOR you. That way I can focus on the road and the other idiots driving on it.

I don't even think we should have radios in cars, frankly. Stop fiddling with the dial, put your hands on the wheel and FOCUS ON THE DAMN ROAD!

Sorry, I went off on a tangent there for a second. '<.<

Why should I have to learn how to properly time shifting the gears in my car by moving a stick in just such a way? Automatic cars do that shit FOR you. That way I can focus on the road and the other idiots driving on it.

I don't even think we should have radios in cars, frankly. Stop fiddling with the dial, put your hands on the wheel and FOCUS ON THE DAMN ROAD!

I used to think the same thing until I started riding motorcycles and then I wanted nothing to do with an automatic  ;D

You had me with the anti-stick but lost me with the anti-radio. Driving for a couple or more hours in silence would be boring as fuck.

Good rant.  :D

Because driving a standard actually makes you pay more attention to the road. you're always looking ahead and watching traffic so you are ready to downshift and brake, speed up and upshift, etc. When most people have it too easy, they start to think they can multitask... aka drive and text :D

Also my Grand Cherokee had radio controls on the steering wheel... All cars should have that. Frankily I was just too lazy to reach the radio and I couldn't rest my arm on the shifter because it was too low. :|

You had me with the anti-stick but lost me with the anti-radio. Driving for a couple or more hours in silence would be boring as fuck.

Unless you have a four speed Mustang (Well... Mercury Capri..) with a loud dinosaur engine under the hood... get bored? Just drop a gear and punch it... :D

Going through my suburban stop-and-go commute with a stick seems like it'd be the very definition of hell.  My new-ish car has flappy paddles, but I haven't even bothered with them yet.

Small 5-speed cars and 6-speed cars might be... but I like my wide-range 5-speed combined with a higher gear ratio in the diff. Third gear is the sweet spot.

And if I'm really lazy I have a L-1-2-3 Muncie trans in my Blazer... if traffic goes to a crawl I put it up in L and it literally drives itsself... otherwise it's just two shift points :P

Way too expensive.

It's actually not too bad, like if you did it every day than yeah, but like Dina will take the bus to a store and then Uber home that way she can get everything we need. It's actually been a huge help for us to Uber/Lyft places.

It's actually not too bad, like if you did it every day than yeah, but like Dina will take the bus to a store and then Uber home that way she can get everything we need. It's actually been a huge help for us to Uber/Lyft places.

Well for me to Uber from Delco to North Philly, about 12 miles, it was upwards of $38.

Cheaper to have a friend just come pick me up :| $5 in gas...