UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion!!!

Just now, saito34 said:

The dude has issues

Spoiler

much like vegeta he (more or less) gets over them and becomes more of a "jerk with a heart of gold" later

Edited by mochi

1 minute ago, mochi said:
  Hide contents

much like vegeta he (more or less) gets over them and becomes more of a "jerk with a heart of gold" later

Spoiler

Im pretty far in and he hasnt changed quite yet

Edited by saito34

All Might is calling him sir because he used to go to that school and was his principle?

Are you really foolish enough to strategize in front of your enemy.  LMAO HE HEARD THEM.  Bad guys heard the good guys strategizing for once lmao.

LOL WORTHLESS POWER

• Like 1

I absolutely love how they dont care about being too on the nose with all these powers and character designs. They've pretty much established that they will do whatever they want

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1

Just now, saito34 said:
  Hide contents

Shit I'm at end of S3 and he's still kind of a dick

Spoiler

the operative word being "kind of"....compared to how he was a few eps ago when he was actively trying to kill Midoriya

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Wow WELL DONE you guys.  I thought they were going to be fighting those guys for multiple episodes haha.  This show surprises in good ways!

It helps doing the series in multiple seasons and take time off rather than being one long running series full of filler and dragging things out to keep from catching up to the manga.

It's the reason why I decided to be part of the episode discussions.

Edited by OSC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

All Might is calling him sir because he used to go to that school and was his principle?

Yeah it's pretty interesting, gives off a lot of respect. Along with being his boss I think we can at least infer right now that he's known him a while and their level of trust since he knows All Might's secret.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Wow WELL DONE you guys.  I thought they were going to be fighting those guys for multiple episodes haha.  This show surprises in good ways!

1 minute ago, OSC said:

It helps doing the series in multiple seasons and take time off rather than being one long running series full of filler and dragging things out to keep from catching up to the manga.

Yup good stuff

1 hour ago, OSC said:

It's the reason why I decided to be part of the episode discussions.

Well yes but in a lot of cases you can't blame that on filler and fights would still go on for a while.  In lots of other shows I could see them fighting each one of those guys off one by one and it taking them 2, 3, easily more episodes to get off that boat.  Hell, at first I thought the teleporting guy was sending everyone off to have 1 v 1 fights, but we actually get to see some teamwork and combo moves.  I didn't expect them to pull a strategy like that that took the enemies out all at once.

But yeah it's a good thing the long-runner model has mostly been put to bed.

Edited by ben0119

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Well yes but in a lot of cases you can't blame that on filler and fights would still go on for a while.  In lots of other shows I could see them fighting each one of those guys off one by one and it taking them 2, 3, easily more episodes to get off that boat.  Hell, at first I thought the teleporting guy was sending everyone off to have 1 v 1 fights, but we actually get to see some teamwork and combo moves.  I didn't expect them to pull a strategy like that that took the enemies out all at once.

But yeah it's a good thing the long-runner model has mostly been put to bed.

Yeah, regardless how it happens, this show has good pacing. :)

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 3:03 AM, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, regardless how it happens, this show has good pacing. :)

It really does. It clips along at a very nice pace. The arcs seem short by your typical shounen standard, but yet still manage to pack a lot of plot development without skimping on character development (which would be pretty easy to do with such a large cast.)

• Like 2