UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 68 Discussion

Just now, Meilag32 said:

They need to start calling 18 Lazuli.

that would imply that was actually something Toriyama wrote down or remembered and not just something he made up on the spur of the moment in one interview then forgot a second later

• Haha 1

okay Beerus....there IS no penalty to Time Travel. this is bullshit and you know it

time travel in this show does absolutely nothing to existing timelines...so there's literally no harm done by doing it

• Like 1

Just now, mochi said:

okay Beerus....there IS no penalty to Time Travel. this is bullshit and you know it

time travel in this show does absolutely nothing to existing timelines...so there's literally no harm done by doing it

Didn't it create more timelines and time rings?  That was one of the points of the Future Trunks arc.

1 minute ago, Sandstone said:

I hate Whis' english voice. He sounds so much more fabulous and flamboyant in the original. In the dub he sounds like he's permanently on pain killers.

I'm more than inclinded to belive the toned down nature of his voice was to avoid making him sound like a Gay stereotype

that said....Funimation claims he's Straight for some reason (or did at an anime convention recently)

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

Also Elder Kai said there was no reason or logic to what Beerus does, implying he's not needed as "a necessary evil to keep things in check," and therefore not a legitimate god.  Unless that was forgotten/retconned.

Just now, ben0119 said:

Also Elder Kai said there was no reason or logic to what Beerus does, implying he's not needed as "a necessary evil to keep things in check," and therefore not a legitimate god.  Unless that was forgotten/retconned.

Spoiler

it's later confirmed that whatever his actual job is he's been doing it wrong and his actions are what caused the conflict in the final arc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh man, I forgot about this lol

Can't really blame yourself. 18 s real name should have been revealed back then during the Android arc possibly through her back story but toriyama never gave d her one back during  that time in the early 90's.... At least we have a name now since 2014 .there's still alot of info missing

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Meilag32 said:

Damn, looks like the Arale episode is coming to the US.

1) Vegeta looks dope in that suit and tie.

2) I love how Vegeta goes pure meta, even knowing he got beat because of the meta-ness of the episode.

the Arale episode is actually the worst episode in terms of Vegeta being used for comic relief and I hate it

19 hours ago, Meilag32 said:

How is it non-canon?  Maybe not manga canon, but anime canon.

This episode takes place long after the start of Super. There's no way they can make it work in the timeline now. I'd chalk it up as non Canon like GT.

So this girl's name is Arale, huh??

I thought it was Yurin, but apparently it's not time for her yet...

ANN's reviewer gave this campy episode a C+, but, mild spoiler, and quite a shocker: toward the end of the review; it turns out Arale is actually a CROSSOVER character!!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/dragon-ball-super/episode-68/.109270

The anime she comes from is another Toei show, and one I've never even heard of before: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=971

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Haha 1

Everyone I know thinks the Arale episode is one of the best of the series... no irony. Of course, it's even better if you've actually watched/read Dr. Slump, so I'm expecting blank stares from most Toonami fans.

Also, I would recommend that everyone put their Vegeta boners away for as long as this show isn't in serious territory. These episodes are funny, and if one character getting shat on is part of what makes them so great, then so be it. All of you, show some humility for once.

• Haha 2