UnevenEdge

Trinity Blood

enad

On 6/17/2018 at 12:23 PM, imchapp.in said:

The original author of the novels died before they could finish the series, so the anime and manga had to wing it with the ending.

I know, it's too bad.  I was interested to see where it was going.  Was getting good, too!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

It wasn't that bad.  It was like Trigun with vampires!

The direction was godawful, the characters looked ridiculous, the writing was uninspired, and it was chock-full of Gonzo's trademark hideous CG work. At least it was good for a laugh. 

FUN FACT: Even though I've made it a priority of mine to watch every show airing in premieres on ACTN/Toonami from 2006 on, I actually didn't watch Trinity Blood as it aired. This, of course, was back before I started watching primarily TV-MA programming with BLOOD+ the following year. I caught the first eleven episodes in a rerun, watched the twelfth on [as] Video, and never got around to watching the back half, and even then, I barely remember all that went on in it. Chances are I'd enjoy it were I to rewatch it from the beginning (more than you upstanding people, anyways), but I doubt I'd ever get around to it at this rate, so who knows?

Honestly I started watching it subbed as it was airing in Japan. Dropped it after two episodes. Decided to never try it again. Then OF COURSE [as] picked it up so I finished it. I'm still salty about that tbh.

I will say that Tres (the robot) was the best part and I didn't even finish watching the sub to realize he was Nakai. 

Edited by QueenoftheDorks

On 6/24/2018 at 6:48 PM, Top Gun said:

The direction was godawful, the characters looked ridiculous, the writing was uninspired, and it was chock-full of Gonzo's trademark hideous CG work. At least it was good for a laugh. 

Maybe it's not as good as I remember, but I remember enjoying at the time!  Definitely some over-the-top stuff that went on.  The main character got compared to Vash, and he even had a counterpart or two, like Knives.  Maybe I should re-watch it to see if maybe it's worse than I remember. :P