UnevenEdge

FLCL (FOOLY COOLY) PROGRESSIVE EPISODE #1 DISCUSSION!!

3 minutes ago, elfie said:

Demarco and all the writers: "..... say I got the BEST IDEA for how to start this sequel! ....... "

"....what you do is put a chubby kid in a skirt and he'll swear it's all the rage and then his friend will flip out....the kids will love it!"xD

PS they're panties not underwearxD

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Haha 1

I have a quick, irrelevant to the story, question

So, where Hidomi lives and works (her mommy's cafe) are they the same places that Naota and his dad(the bakery)?  I know it's way early but I'm still trying to figure out if this is the same town or a similar place in another universe.

37 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

"....what you do is put a chubby kid in a skirt and he'll swear it's all the rage and then his friend will flip out....the kids will love it!"xD

PS they're panties not underwearxD

"INSTANT hit ratings!! WE deliver what the viewers missed when they stopped watching cable!"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, elfie said:

"INSTANT hit ratings!! WE deliver what the viewers missed when they stopped watching cable!"

"The Progressive part in FLCL means we show man panties instead of panty panties....it's everything Millennials and Gen Z wants and the thing Gen Xers didn't know they needed"    ~Demarco, probablyxD

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

"The Progressive part in FLCL means we show man panties instead of panty panties....it's everything Millennials and Gen Z wants and the thing Gen Xers didn't know they needed"    ~Demarco, probablyxD

"Smartphones, and texting, and cat headphones, and Google Map pins, and yeah!!"

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

ISo, where Hidomi lives and works (her mommy's cafe) are they the same places that Naota and his dad(the bakery)?  I know it's way early but I'm still trying to figure out if this is the same town or a similar place in another universe.

i thought the same thing at first, but i think it's a different location. 

flcl1 house:

WwwrcE2.jpg

i can't google a flcl2 house image, but iirc it has a balcony all the way across the front 2nd level. i think it's the same town, just ~18 years in the future.

Edited by wacky1980
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wacky1980 said:

i thought the same thing at first, but i think it's a different location. 

flcl1 house:

WwwrcE2.jpg

i can't google a flcl2 house image, but iirc it has a balcony all the way across the front 2nd level. i think it's the same town, just ~18 years in the future.

Ahhh....I see, thank you, it's not completely ruled out, but probably not the same

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

Ahhh....I see, thank you, it's not completely ruled out, but probably not the same

as i think about it, i'm not even entirely sure it's the same town. all signs point to "yes" but i don't think they've actually come out and made that statement just yet. timeline is assumption as well, based on technology featured in the episode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

as i think about it, i'm not even entirely sure it's the same town. all signs point to "yes" but i don't think they've actually come out and made that statement just yet. timeline is assumption as well, based on technology featured in the episode.

It could be the same town there was that part of town that was completely wrecked, maybe still not fixed after the last episode of the original FLCL?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

that's possible. it's also possible the wrecked part of town was actually some foreshadowing. that's how i took it, anyways.

I thought so at first until she actually wound up in the same place as that dream, the part where she got a horn

• Like 1

The wife and I just got done watching it twice. We watched the first night. But we had just gotten back that night from our honeymoon. So, tiredness was a big factor. We are digging the music and the cat headphones.  Can't wait to see what happens next episode. 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2018 at 1:23 PM, elfie said:

Demarco and all the writers: "..... say I got the BEST IDEA for how to start this sequel! ....... "

I'm pretty sure Demarco nor anyone else from Toonami has any creative input on this series.  At least I hope not.  We all saw how IGPX turned out.

On 6/3/2018 at 4:51 AM, rpgamer said:

Nah. Just about everything with Jinyu seemed like it was trying to copy Haruko's actions. In fact, the scene with Haruko and Atomsk makes me wonder if Jinyu is some sort of split-off counterpart to Haruko. Kinda looked like Haruko finally caught him, and couldn't handle the power.

I was talking about the opening dream sequence.  Obviously the other stuff was mostly nostalgia/fan service.

On 6/3/2018 at 5:51 AM, rpgamer said:

Nah. Just about everything with Jinyu seemed like it was trying to copy Haruko's actions. In fact, the scene with Haruko and Atomsk makes me wonder if Jinyu is some sort of split-off counterpart to Haruko. Kinda looked like Haruko finally caught him, and couldn't handle the power.

Definitely some kind of connection there or at least former important association with each other, with the traits they share.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

multicam_utiltiy_tactical_kilt_right_sid

Reminds me of that guy that tried to make "tactical man skirts" a thing a few years back. 

Can't remember where I saw it or who the guy's name or his company was, but that it was a flea market or some other outdoor sales market and the guy was really hard selling these things as a concept. 

But, that kid didn't even go for the "manly" ones!

20 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I'm pretty sure Demarco nor anyone else from Toonami has any creative input on this series.  At least I hope not.  We all saw how IGPX turned out.

It was a joke. Actually the writers are wholly Japanese, and part of the IG committee- DeMarco has nothing to do with the writing other than laying down some basic, broad guidelines/requests, like including Haruko in both sequels despite the rest of the cast being new.