UnevenEdge

Finally Better Call Saul Returns

1pooh4u

• 1 month later...

The season premiere was pretty good. The intro was pretty long and as usual spent the entire time in the present. I really liked how the episode had very little dialogue and the characters that had a monologueĀ with Jimmy were very annoying. Pretty sure this was by design as each speech was something Jimmy didnā€™t want to hear in that moment Ā  The only long dialogue that wasnā€™t irritating was Jonathan Banks and Jimmy wasnā€™t in that scene Ā 

Good ep overall but if the entire season is paced like this it wonā€™t be as good as last seasonĀ 

Edited by 1pooh4u

On 8/14/2018 at 4:36 PM, Mewn said:

Lmao, Jimmy going off on the copier salesman for giving him a job made me lol.

Me too but I didn't know wtf that was all aboutĀ xD

The stuffĀ between Fring's people and Salamenca's is getting really good too:o

Edited by 1pooh4u

16 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Me too but I didn't know wtf that was all aboutĀ xD

The stuffĀ between Fring's people and Salamenca's is getting really good too:o

He found something valuable in their room and called Mike with a "job," presumably to steal it. The thing in the trophy cabinet.

Edited by naraku360
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

The letter was undated, so I'ma presume he wrote it before all the "recent" drama, back when he could say all that in person with a straight face and Jimmy would believe it.

It showed he loved Jimmy, as long as Jimmy knew his place.

• Like 1

I was fluctuating between thinking Kim's bailing on Mesa Verde orĀ trying to buildĀ a team of attorneys. I'm going with team networkingĀ for now, after some thought - was previously leaning the other direction. I'm sure Mesa Verde willĀ blow up somehow, but I think for Kim to get a crew for Jimmy to exploit as Saul she probably needs something big like a major bank expansion.Ā 

I think I like BCS more than BrBa and at this point where Jimmy's becoming Saul, Kim's got reason to expand her own business, and Gus is taking over territory, it might even be better without knowing Breaking Bad. Unless they time skip to Gene at the end of the series without showing how he got there, which I hope they don't do seeing as it's a really good standalone show and I'd hope they keep it without BrBa as a prerequisite even ifĀ it's clearly tying in much more now.

Edited by naraku360

It feels like they are setting Kim up right now to have to choose between obligation (Mesa Verde) and making a difference (the defense work). Like she is going to realize at some point that it's not worth it and her time and talents are wasted.

So to the extent that it "blows up" it might end up being self sabotage, which is totally in line with the series so far.

1 hour ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

It feels like they are setting Kim up right now to have to choose between obligation (Mesa Verde) and making a difference (the defense work). Like she is going to realize at some point that it's not worth it and her time and talents are wasted.

So to the extent that it "blows up" it might end up being self sabotage, which is totally in line with the series so far.

I was thinking she might still have investment in Mesa Verde, but nah.

The only reason I suspected that at all was the potential for the networking. But this episode made it look like she's only caring about Mesa Verde for the same reason Jimmy's trying to be straight with the phone job: because not doing that caused a big problem.

She'll definitely bail by the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...