UnevenEdge

Fast food/takeout that keeps

André Toulon

I think Pizza is always safe.....Even when the cheese becomes that matted, greasy mess....You can still eat pizza....Even cold if you're that stoned or lazy. 

Subway keeps well....The veggies become a bit wilted, but still edible....Incidentally, Quiznos does not follow this rule.....Toasted meat dries out too badly.....Chinese tends to keep like a motherfucker.....I've gone back for Chinese in the fridge a week later and was not disappointed.

Burgers, fabricated hotdogs, fries, pancakes, pastas with any sauce other than marinara........These shits don't keep well.......Fried chicken can still be edible, but it's nowhere near it's fresh, crispy glory........Steaks are cool too, but rarely do I have any steak left over......Fried shrimp.....Fried shrimp is terrible if not eaten upon serving.

All salads, and salad sammiches (i.e. Chicken salad, tuna, anything mayo based massively)....Just throw it out....It sucks after 2 hours......Vegi salads have too many elements that fuck it up.....Like in a subway sammich, I can toss the tomatoes and cucumbers and still eat it....But a legit salad....It's all terrible........Have you ever eaten a cold, wet crouton.....Just don't.

Used to be a place near where I went to college, Burritoville -  "Burritos as big as your head".  If I couldn't finish it, I'd wrap it in foil, toss it in the fridge and it would keep.  Same for a gyro, I'd buy a couple from a place that had a deal on 2.  Toss one in the fridge, eat the other.

4 days is the longest i have had Chinese food in the fridge, the rice was a bit hard but everything else tastes good

Pizza I usually freeze it if left over taste the same

Burritos and subs it varies from the places I go sometimes they are good after 3 days sometimes they get soggy

Chili, soup, stew keep, assuming you didn't throw crackers into it.

Tacos are fine leftover, I'll take the lettuce and tomato off before reheating though.

Roast or italian beef don't reheat so bad either. Oh yeah, also gyro.

I get more mileage out of food by ordering dry parts separate from wet like croutons, sauces, veggies/fruit, or bread on the side. I'll also add soup and chicken wings to the list. Decent sauce/seasoning and a convection oven give me a week of nice flavorful wings.

This seems counter productive because I can just buy things like this separate from the grocery store......I'm really not trying to be a dick on this one but this kinda makes me think of the customer fast food employees hate to be bothered with.....Aaaaaaaaand, that's like not a good thread to pull when you're already biting the bullet of letting someone else prepare your food.

Are you one of those people who don't wrap up or reheat food properly, and then assume everyone else ends up with the same crappy results?

You'd know a lot about properly wrapping things, you plastic bag-footed pauper.

Mexican food tastes worse cold and turns into a taco salad no matter what it was when you ordered it, but I don't mind eating it the next day if I have plenty of salsa to mix in with it.

Smothered burrito comes pre-sauced.

This seems counter productive because I can just buy things like this separate from the grocery store......I'm really not trying to be a dick on this one but this kinda makes me think of the customer fast food employees hate to be bothered with.....Aaaaaaaaand, that's like not a good thread to pull when you're already biting the bullet of letting someone else prepare your food.

I should probably add that I usually do this at places where this is the norm for to-go foods, so there's no drama about it.

I only fuck with the bell for potato tacos these days

Your new lifestyle amuses me.....No for what it is, but because it seems completely fabricated due to your current personal situation.

You know I'm not digging into you just for the lulz, but I wonder how long you'll be able to keep this up being the basic trash that most of us are.

Your new lifestyle amuses me.....No for what it is, but because it seems completely fabricated due to your current personal situation.

You know I'm not digging into you just for the lulz, but I wonder how long you'll be able to keep this up being the basic trash that most of us are.

I did break down on the no weed thing pretty quick