UnevenEdge

Black Clover Page 20 Discussion!!

11 hours ago, elfie said:

Because it's a full fuckin 51 fuckin episodes, and we're not even halfway through it

..... fuckin.

You did that wrong. It's 50-fuckin'-1! Gundam IBO only ran for 50!

But we can take solace in that 57 episodes of IBO actually aired on Toonami, if you count the Dort Arc marathon on Halloween weekend 2016.

Add 22 episodes of Unicorn to that and that adds up to 79 episodes of Gundam on [as] Toonami. The number 79 also happens to be the atomic number for gold. Hence, Gundam is gold! But, I digress.

I'm thinking a show that gets mid-blocked doesn't have much of a hope of getting a marathon anymore, unless it's Bebop. So chances are Black Clover will only run 51 episodes on Toonami, unless, heaven forbid, it gets a continuation. And if there is one, it better be a lot less hackneyed than this series!

But that's the problem with Pierrot. They hit it out of the park with Bebop, Bleach, and the Naruto franchise, but everything else they animate is middling at best.

Edited by OwlChemist81

26 minutes ago, elfie said:

There are tons of WEIRD reasons for animes being made. The reason the anime-original concept Eureka Seven even came at all is because they thought it would be a great video game.

there actually was an Eureka Seven game.....I've not heard anything positive about it though

14 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

a week is not enough time for a wound like that to heal up

It is in anime.

14 hours ago, mochi said:

wow the animation took a hard plunge after last ep

That's what happens when you outsource. 9_9

14 hours ago, elfie said:

Okay so let me get this straight.

Luck's backstory is saved for tHIS NEXT arc, instead of the one they had in the maze. UUUUUGH.

We already got Luck's backstory in episode 16, you were just too busy complaining like a loon to pay attention.

• Like 1

How long is Noelle going to do the tsundere routine?

Why is Yami always kicking down doors and smashing through walls? :D He sure is destructive for someone so lazy! :D

Did he just say GRAY in disguise?

Ok you need to do something with these other Black Bull members, show.  It seems like most of them only exist for running gags.  Then again, do I really want to know more about sister guy and see him in battle?

The capital still looking like Attack on Titan's walled cities, heh.

Noelle doesn't realize she likes Asta?  But I thought...

Lmao Mimosa has the hots for him too, and now they're both freaking out.

Short arm?  Maybe that would be funnier if I were Yuno and had that brotherly relationship with Asta... but short arm, that's a new one on me.

The Wizard King kinda playing dumb and playing the clown, but we saw a bit of his more serious, intelligent side, here.  Asta's second, magic borrowing sword can only work because he has no magic power.  And Yuno has gained the Wind familiar!  Interesting.

I like what the told them about becoming the Wizard King.

Sol is hot.  "Only Charlotte can chain me down."  Oh my! :D

Oh look it's the douchey hair family.  That one guy even has a do kinda like Byakuya's hahaha.

Asta to Mimosa - "I saw you were eyeing this meat."  LMAO.  Get in there Noelle or Mimosa is going to steal him! :D

Of course since Klaus came around we've got a whole new group of snooty assholes.  Didn't expect so many of them to be like this!  Why doesn't the Wizard King reign these jerks in?

Those three Silvas have the most face-punchable faces ever!

I'm surprised they didn't say something about if she had real control of her magic power she could have repelled that water with her ability.

Ok Asta isn't going to put up with that.  Asta standing up to them.  You tell em, Asta!

On 4/29/2018 at 12:50 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

But that's the problem with Pierrot. They hit it out of the park with Bebop, Bleach, and the Naruto franchise, but everything else they animate is middling at best.

Correction: Pierrot had nothing to do with Bebop. Bebop was created and animated by Sunrise. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2018 at 11:50 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

You did that wrong. It's 50-fuckin'-1! Gundam IBO only ran for 50!

But we can take solace in that 57 episodes of IBO actually aired on Toonami, if you count the Dort Arc marathon on Halloween weekend 2016.

Add 22 episodes of Unicorn to that and that adds up to 79 episodes of Gundam on [as] Toonami. The number 79 also happens to be the atomic number for gold. Hence, Gundam is gold! But, I digress.

I'm thinking a show that gets mid-blocked doesn't have much of a hope of getting a marathon anymore, unless it's Bebop. So chances are Black Clover will only run 51 episodes on Toonami, unless, heaven forbid, it gets a continuation. And if there is one, it better be a lot less hackneyed than this series!

Wow, even Al doesn't like Black Clover! 

And what the hell are you talking about Naruto being done well?  It's full of filler, and in Shippuden they threw more in even when they didn't need to, just to milk the series more.

Edited by ben0119

On 4/29/2018 at 12:17 AM, mochi said:

adult man with incredible magic power can't hold Asta's sword

but noooooo Asta totally doesn't have magic

It's because that sword sucks up magic power.  That was how Asta was able to borrow Noelle's ability and why no one with magic could use that sword.  Also Asta really had to train his body, since he didn't have any magic.  So he's probably physically stronger than a lot of people.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 12:10 AM, mochi said:

Looks like Mimosa is the Hinata to Noel's Sakura

which means Mimosa is gonna marry Asta and Yuno is gonna marry Noel

But Sakura didn't like Naruto.  I am surprised Mimosa went for Asta though.  Thought she would have taken a liking to Yuno, if anyone.

• Like 1

I'm gonna say it right now.

Mimoza out of the blue having a crush on Asta was the final straw for me.  It's what causes me to finally quit watching Black Clover.  A LOVE TRIANGLE now?? Seriously?? You're going to for the absolute cliche plot element in TV series narratives??  And to an MC that can make you go deaf?? No.  Just no.  I'm done!

20 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Wow, even Al doesn't like Black Clover! 

And what the hell are you talking about Naruto being done well?  It's full of filler, and in Shippuden they threw more in even when they didn't need to, just to milk the series more.

I like it enough to record it and to keep watching it! It has its moments of "OMG, BRILLIANT!!" amid all the "ehhh..."

But it's definitely my least favorite premiere on Toonami right now.

• Like 1