UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam IBO Episode #47 "Scapegoat" Discussion

"Stop with the tough guy routine!"  Waaahaaahaaa you guys. ;(

So they had some spare money apparently?  Sure why not.

So they're just going to change their identities and melt into the Earth's population.  Somehow I don't think they'll get off that easy.

Annnnnd Gallahorn is here.

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

That got pretty heavy with some feels at the end as they made their last ditch plans.

Yeah stuff is definitely winding down and I have a bad feeling about dis

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

i dunno about this turn of events. is there a term for a "deus ex machina" but instead of solutions out of nowhere, it's problems out of nowhere? because ever since Lafter's death, that's kind of how this series has felt. Gundam frequently piles on the drama and tragedy near the end, but this feels kinda forced and poorly set up. like the writers are just trolling.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mochi said:

I'm really starting to feel like Yamagi is the only person in their army who is a normal person

the only thing "wrong" with him is that he's gay

Mika is a sociopath who wants to eat babies, the fat guy is a serial killer, the Blonde guy is a pedophile

there's literally nothing wrong with Yamagi.....he's just a gay little boy......why the fuck is he on their team?

I think Mika was joking, if that's possible for him.  Fat guy I hope was just a soldier or mercenary or something.  McGillis isn't a part of Tekkadan.  Mika is totally psycho and gives no fucks though.  And there are other weirdoes.

It's a bad of misfits!  But yeah dunno.  Guess Yamagi was just another one of the street rats?  Remember how the show started out?

7 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i dunno about this turn of events. is there a term for a "deus ex machina" but instead of solutions out of nowhere, it's problems out of nowhere? because ever since Lafter's death, that's kind of how this series has felt. Gundam frequently piles on the drama and tragedy near the end, but this feels kinda forced and poorly set up. like the writers are just trolling.

Yeah.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone randomly has a fatal disease later on hahaha.

• Sad 1

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, Blatch said:

Coming soon to an anti-war protest near you. ^_^

So, regarding the other threads... are we just going to remake them all for the dubbed broadcasts? I meant to ask that at some point.

There's actually a reason I chose the 3 that I did:

JoJo's thread got turned into an FLCL thread; Gundam's was simply locked because it didn't air (it became the losing Mind Game thread), and Black Clover was of course, new to Toonami.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, elfie said:

Any other mature format this show could air on, and this hug would be replaced by another certain scene.

Yeah, too bad all the "baby making action" ends up taking place off-screen!

And if Kudelia actually winds up getting pregnant by Mikazuki too that'll be just too much!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, mochi said:

nah there's a big showdown next week

Reveal hidden contents

only Atra, Kudelia and Yamagi survive

Everyone here needs to keep in mind that if characters don't show some hint of attraction to the same sex, they don't exist to mochi.

So I HIGHLY doubt we'll see that level of carnage!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Yeah, too bad all the "baby making action" ends up taking place off-screen!

And if Kudelia actually winds up getting pregnant by Mikazuki too that'll be just too much!

OFF TO THE INTERNET!!! HITHER!!  AWAAAAY!  *watches hentai*

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:00 AM, saito34 said:

Yeah stuff is definitely winding down and I have a bad feeling about dis

It's not winding down; it's heating up, and unfortunately Tekkadan is just gonna continue to get burned BADLY!

I just realized I never posted the ANN review for this episode, and I concur with this review. There may have been little to no action this week (probably the last episode like this that we will see), but there was an incredibly compelling piece of drama!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/mobile-suit-gundam-iron-blooded-orphans/episode-47/.113331

TL,DR: Rating "A"!

3 more to go!!