UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam IBO Episode #47 "Scapegoat" Discussion

So, last week, this episode got "Scapegoated" for Mind Game, but that's OK--we're getting it tomorrow night at 12:30!

It's firing on all cylinders, so don't miss it!

tumblr_p6ro8wmtJE1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

Only 4 episodes left, so witness the carnage while you can, on Toonami!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

So, last week, this episode got "Scapegoated" for Mind Game, but that's OK--we're getting it tomorrow night at 12:30!

Only 4 episodes left, so witness the carnage while you can, on Toonami!

Fun fact: GUNDAM IBO was the only anime that couldn't return on the block last week because Sunrise has unique legal rights for GUNDAM shows and what could be shown overseas.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, elfie said:

Fun fact: GUNDAM IBO was the only anime that couldn't return on the block last week because Sunrise has unique legal rights for GUNDAM shows and what could be shown overseas.

Well, the fact that we got FLCL Alternative kinda signals to me that the mecha show torch is being passed to FLCL for a while before the next Gundam show...

But C'MON, Toonami! Prove me wrong and pick up another Gundam, even if it's the microseries Twilight Axis...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, the fact that we got FLCL Alternative kinda signals to me that the mecha show torch is being passed to FLCL for a while before the next Gundam show...

But C'MON, Toonami! Prove me wrong and pick up another Gundam, even if it's the microseries Twilight Axis...

Please no.  After decent IBO season 1, horrible Unicorn, and underwhelming IBO season 2, we don't need any more Gundam, at least not for a good while.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Please no.  After decent IBO season 1, horrible Unicorn, and underwhelming IBO season 2, we don't need any more Gundam, at least not for a good while.

You DO realize what "microseries" means, right? Like 3 minutes an episode. So it wouldn't need to take a timeslot from something else, which is the real issue here, because like you don't ignore 3-minute commercial breaks all the time!

Plus, it IS kind of a SEQUEL to Unicorn!

Edited by OwlChemist81

8 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

You DO realize what "microseries" means, right? Like 3 minutes an episode. So it wouldn't need to take a timeslot from something else, which is the real issue here, because like you don't ignore 3-minute commercial breaks all the time!

Plus, it IS kind of a SEQUEL to Unicorn!

I guess I didn't see that part.  Suppose that wouldn't do much harm.  Hard to say if Toonami would do something like that or if it would be worth the bang for their buck, though.  And knowing Sunrise it's probably no cheaper than a series with full length episodes. >_>

• Like 1

I said I was dropping this show after last week but fuck it there's only a few eps left and all the Gay characters who were gonna die are dead already so lets get this over with

also it is nice that the show had a character comfort yamagi and tell him nothing was wrong with him after the guy he was in love with died

it's more than I can say for most anime where everyone is CONSTANTLY telling the gay characters something IS wrong with them

latest?cb=20160318192455

• Like 2

You mean the fact he looked nothing like the rest of his family wasn't a clue?  Also I thought that wasn't a secret?

All of McGillis' plans are going to shit now that he's a protagonist aligned with Tekkadan.  Gotta love this writing.

Going along with him was a fucking dumbass idea.

1 minute ago, elfie said:

I'm just along for the ride at this point. I lost track of all the details of this plot.

all I know is that the only gay characters who survive are Yamagi, and maybe that one guy who's friend/boyfriend died at the start of this season so he quit

otherwise I'm in the same boat as you

Edited by mochi
  • Like 1

Just now, mochi said:

all I know is that the only gay characters who survive are Yamagi, and maybe that one guy who's friend/boyfriend died at the start of this season so he quit

otherwise I'm in the same boat as you

I still love a lot of the characters and I am invested in them more than any other GUNDAM show I seen, but this whole thing has gotten out of control.

I am so touched that Kudelia started this school and that it is a reality now. <3

• Like 2

Just now, elfie said:

I still love a lot of the characters and I am invested in them more than any other GUNDAM show I seen, but this whole thing has gotten out of control.

I am so touched that Kudelia started this school and that it is a reality now. <3

other than Yamagi I never had any emotional investment in ANY of the characters

in fact I hated almost all of them xD

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Kudelia looking good though.  Like this outfit.

Did everyone just now realize that Tekkadan are criminals that were aligned with Teiwaz, the mafia?

Heard of the Merry Men? The people to root for in fiction are usually the revolutionists.

• Like 1