UnevenEdge

April Fool's Mindfuck (FLCL Alt. #1 / JJBA P3E31 subbed discussion)

Blatch

On 4/1/2018 at 12:37 AM, DangerMouse said:

I really liked TFA while TLJ was the one that was really iffy.

Also we'll see beyond just the first ep. Plus this was FLCL Alternative, not FLCL Progressive. Both have different staffs so they'll probably be pretty different from each other.

Yup. You're about to see the reason people thought the plant ep of Space Dandy was by Yuasa.

Yuusa directed an ep of Space Dandy, but it was the one about the fish alien who speaks in a weird language.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2018 at 11:11 PM, mochi said:

actually this might be a thing they do going forward to make sure they beat Netflix to Licenses

and I'm here for it if it is

I never thought about that.  Though Demarco stated that Netflix will offer double Toonami's bid if they find out Toonami is interested in something, it may not just be a money thing.  Netflix doesn't have to wait for a show to get a dub to pick it up. 

But Toonami can't afford to just sit on shows until they get dubbed or pay for them to get dubbed.  Maybe they could air subbed shows late in the block or put them in the video section or stream online, then show the dub in a more prominent timeslot later?  Eh, I doubt it.  That's pure @OwlChemist81-level speculation.

Edited by ben0119

On 3/31/2018 at 11:23 PM, mochi said:

the thing that popped out of girl Naota's head was a Lily

Lily in Japanese is Yuri

Yuri is slang for lesbian romance fiction

Girl Naota is a Lesbian and nobody can tell me otherwise

im-not-saying-its-gay-but-its-gay.jpg

On 4/1/2018 at 12:15 AM, PurgatoryGirl said:

Yup, not that Asia especially Japan really needs Toonami, since we get Anime from them. I suppose they air some of our Action Animation on their block, too except dubbed in Japanese.

This is not a thing.  There was a Toonami Asia, but it was in Southeast Asia, not Japan.  And it actually recently shut down.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonami_(Southeast_Asia)

http://toonami.wikia.com/wiki/Toonami_Asia

On 4/1/2018 at 2:41 PM, Blatch said:

Basically, if you like FLCL but wished the original premise had some CGDCT elemeents, this might be the show for you... but it probably will seem derivative to some. I at least enjoyed the first episode.

CGDCT?

On 4/2/2018 at 4:54 AM, Gina Szanboti said:

Just what Poke said.  Progressive in June, Alternative in Sept.  What they just showed was the first episode of Alternative.

Kind of weird that they showed us a sneak peak for the show that's coming way later, instead of the one coming up soon.  I thought it was the other way around too.

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Kind of weird that they showed us a sneak peak for the show that's coming way later, instead of the one coming up soon.  I thought it was the other way around too.

Maybe they wanted things to stay fresh in our minds?