UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 56 Discussion

Why would the Androids even think to attack Korin's tower?  I thought they were just randomly attacking for the lulz.

There's an accent sign on it?

Impaled with an energy sword!

I hope you brought Senzu Beans!

How has Black completely outclassed them so quickly?

Zamazu is here?!  He's not Black?!

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

also, i'm tired of the whole "we've in love but we won't admit it" shit in anime.

i wanna see more people who are proudly, confidently, and even obnoxiously in love with their crush.

like, i honestly expected Trunks to say something like "when this war is over, let's get married" not

"buh buh buh wE'rE jU$t fRaAAndS"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

also, i'm tired of the whole "we've in love but we won't admit it" shit in anime.

i wanna see more people who are proudly, confidently, and even obnoxiously in love with their crush.

Well usually it's because the characters are teens are something.  But Trunks and Mai are grown fucking adults, so it's silly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mochi said:

so is "Black"

which is what everyone has taken to calling Black Goku

Yes haha, and leads to things like what happened tonight.  Not much that can be done on the dubbers' end, I don't think, though, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yes haha, and leads to things like what happened tonight.  Not much that can be done on the dubbers' end, I don't think, though, unfortunately.

in the 90's dub of Sailor Moon they changed Black Lady to "Wicked Lady"

1 minute ago, mochi said:

in the 90's dub of Sailor Moon they changed Black Lady to "Wicked Lady"

That wasn't the old dub you linked?  I was gonna say you'd think they would change that what with everything else they changed.  Don't know about Wicked Lady.  Maybe Dark Lady?  Eh.

Yeah not sure what could be done with Super though.  Since it's just one syllable, not really anything they can do to make the characters say something else in English that would make sense.

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That wasn't the old dub you linked?  I was gonna say you'd think they would change that what with everything else they changed.  Don't know about Wicked Lady.  Maybe Dark Lady?  Eh.

Yeah not sure what could be done with Super though.  Since it's just one syllable, not really anything they can do to make the characters say something else in English that would make sense.

no that was the new dub....the old dub was

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2018 at 2:53 AM, Meilag32 said:

How is Black being British spoil things?

Also, how can one use the spoiler...thing?...back in the day, there used to be an icon for it.

Let's see...

spoiler

It's the old brackets thing like used on other forums.  [ spoiler ] write spoiler here [ /spoiler ]

Just leave out those spaces.

6 hours ago, Meilag32 said:

Can Shenron's wishes affect change in alternate timelines?  It would be a good way to repair the damage Black caused?

I'm thinking not.  And it occurred to me that if Vegeta died here he'd be fucked, since he isn't from this timeline.  Then again wasn't Trunks wished back when Cell attacked him?  Or was he not actually killed then?  Either way, there's no Dragon Balls in this timeline.  Well, maybe the Namek set?  Not sure.

Edited by ben0119