UnevenEdge

Holiday cooking and wine

Neko

So I know that some of you really know how to cook.  I can cook...bake from scratch and make you proud.  But I will digress.  I really made this to see what are yall planning on cooking this Christmas...Thanksgiving took 3 days to prep for and that was only my part which was less than half, and Christmas well, I'm up for suggestions especially stuff I haven't made before.  I love food and would like to do something new..  So post what you are making, recipes and even wine suggestions.

Wine suggestions

wine suggestions.

wine suggestions.

wine suggestions...

15 minutes ago, Neko said:

So I know that some of you really know how to cook.  I can cook...bake from scratch and make you proud.  But I will digress.  I really made this to see what are yall planning on cooking this Christmas...Thanksgiving took 3 days to prep for and that was only my part which was less than half, and Christmas well, I'm up for suggestions especially stuff I haven't made before.  I love food and would like to do something new..  So post what you are making, recipes and even wine suggestions.

Wine suggestions

wine suggestions.

wine suggestions.

wine suggestions...

BBQ glaze or baste: Stubb's Sweet Heat and some red wine... about half a bottle of BBQ to about 1/2 cup of red wine.

6 minutes ago, Roggo_Doggo said:

BBQ glaze or baste: Stubb's Sweet Heat and some red wine... about half a bottle of BBQ to about 1/2 cup of red wine.

OOOh..I love wine for cooking...I used white wine a lot though.  Use it when I make my steak sauce which may be a hit or miss as I am always playing with it. 

15 hours ago, CAC said:

Idk I'm going to need you to send me something for proof before I can be proud.

baked a chocolate cake from scratch 2 days ago and made some chocolate cream cheese icing...next time nix the chocolate though..

we're gonna try our hand at making mozzarella. there will be wine and homebrew beer involved too, so it may or may not go well. we'll see... as for actual xmas food, we made a few hundred cookies, and we will whip up a bunch of snacky shit on xmas eve. dips and finger foods, oysters, whatever else we feel like throwing together. we eat at family's house on xmas day, so no food prep on my part.

10 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

we're gonna try our hand at making mozzarella. there will be wine and homebrew beer involved too, so it may or may not go well. we'll see... as for actual xmas food, we made a few hundred cookies, and we will whip up a bunch of snacky shit on xmas eve. dips and finger foods, oysters, whatever else we feel like throwing together. we eat at family's house on xmas day, so no food prep on my part.

I might try my hand at homemade wine.  I bought a bunch but if all I need is some yeast, sugar ballons and some grape juice...I'm good.  I just want to get wasted cheaply before I go to sugery...

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:29 PM, SorceressPol said:

I have no idea if I'm cooking or picking up some ready made food from a barbecue joint because I'm feeling lazy as hell this year.

Get your ass in the kitchen.  I think that cooking food makes you enjoy watching other people eat it more.  You feel like you accomplished something even if its a warm belly and a good night sleep.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, nameraka said:

if you didn't have an arrest record before, you will now. 

07E5B459000005DC-0-image-m-4_15002404547

IF that shit is like mad dog or MD2020, count me out.  I drunk so much shit like that when I was younger that it turned me off from it. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, CAC said:

so you sending it?

I gave it to my neices.  Like I said, I didn't like the icing...so next time Imma fix it like I wanna.  I would if I could but shipping at this moment is rediculous.

4 hours ago, Neko said:

I might try my hand at homemade wine.  I bought a bunch but if all I need is some yeast, sugar ballons and some grape juice...I'm good.  I just want to get wasted cheaply before I go to sugery...

homemade wine is something i've considered trying. it's not a whole lot different, equipment-wise, than making beer at home. i can make beer 10 gallons at a time, and i have fermentation capacity of about 40 gallons (in 5-gallon increments) so it would be pretty easy to set up one fermenter with wine. you can get a starter kit for about $100, and the cheaper wine ingredient kids start at around $50 and will make about 1-1/2 to 2 cases of wine.