brianycpht

http://adultswim.x10.mx/

So it looks like this is what they are doing with the new Toonami start time 

8- Cleveland Show

8:30- Family Guy

9:00 Rick and Morty

9:30 Rick and Morty

10:00 Family Guy

10:30 Dragonball Super (actual Toonami premiere)

I guess this was a compromise for TOEI. This schedule should have some interesting results. Splitting Family Guy up like that is an strange move. 

I never liked DB Super at 8.  It meant Toonami's airing was a rerun and thus less people felt the need to watch it again, thereby resulting in less viewers on the block. 

With Super moving to 10:30, I am seriously contemplating ditching the show all together.  Still deciding on that.  It IS way earlier in the night on a Saturday and there's the higher possibility that I will be busy.

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I think they should have left last week's rerun at 8 PM, but OK...

Also, calling it now: FLCL will premiere at 10 PM!

Hey, pretty much anything is possible at this point. Toonami will be airing in prime time for the first time since it the original block was cancelled back in 2008, and I think more people should realize just how big that is. It's a totally new frontier for the newest iteration.

In fact, I feel that most of our fandom had 11:00 as the limit of how early the block should air regardless of how optimistic about that. I honestly think that's the perfect start time, since while I'm not the sort of person who goes out and does stuff that often, I don't want to have it interfere with the potential to do something. But at this point, a 10:30 expansion seems to indicate they have even bigger plans for the block. Could a Toonami starting at 8:00P (and lasting until midnight or 1A) happen? Honestly, I'm not sure their endgame can be anything else. And if it's the latter, they could even bring back the block rerun from 1:00 to 6 and have all of Saturday be anime. And that would be on a completely different level.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2017 at 9:59 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

I think they should have left last week's rerun at 8 PM, but OK...

Also, calling it now: FLCL will premiere at 10 PM!

I’m guessing they would slide the DB hour to 10 and put FLCL at 11. It’s not quite mainstream enough to lead off the block I think. This still gives it a great time slot though. It’s an original, but probably won’t touch what Jack could. I suppose it all depends on how DBS does as an actual premiere at 10:30! We’ll see!

• Like 1

I can't see Toonami expanding to 10 pm for FLCL because there really isn't anything they can air between the finale of season 2 and the premiere of season 3 if the idea is to have all 12 episodes air next year while keeping 10 pm in the meantime. Since 10 pm doesn't really work, I guess the plan really is having season 2 replace Stardust Crusaders Part 1, but in an earlier slot. Space Dandy season 1 and Samurai Jack season 5 were the first shows on the block during their premieres, but Space Dandy season 2 wasn't. So it doesn't actually have to air first, unless the distinction of it being a co-production means they're more inclined to air it first. And if Dragon Ball Super has to air in prime time for it to premiere on the block, which doesn't explain the one week it did premiere on the block which was at 11:30, then perhaps it airs after it at 11.