UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super Episode 1 "Peacetime Reward" Discussion!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does Mama Piccolo disapprove of his little boy's new wife?

Green Mom/Dad is Best Mom/Dad

(seriously Piccolo is more of a parent to Goku's kids than Goku is because Goku is actually canonically a horrible father and  a shitty person, while Piccolo genuinely loves kids and knows how to care for them)

i ADORE chibi Trunks. i've always felt like Goten was extraneous, but little trunks I love. i feel like if Goten weren't around, Gohan and Trunks would have gotten a lot closer and maybe Gohan wouldn't have turned out so freaking lame.

Goten was basically just created to be cute and loveable(and to give Trunks a friend his own age to play with), Trunks has depth

The New Year's Banner is from Bleach.  Nice.

So I guess everyone talked about this episode at 8 or whatever.  Oh well.  I didn't have time.  Had to catch up on past weeks of JoJo and some other stuff, plus other things on my DVR, so I'd have space to record tonight's Toonami.

Anybody new to DBZ, or who has just started watching since this airing on Toonami, however few they may be, is going to be very confused.

So I guess that timeskip at the end of the Dragonball Z is void, then.  Uub probably doesn't exist, either.

What happened to Goten's voice?  He sounds ridiculously annoying and infantile.  Good lord.

ROFL Goku has to get a job.  Eh, Ox King's treasures burned up?

Goku making money in martial arts tournaments would make too much sense.

Beerus is a dick.

Don't remember everyone's memories of Buu being erased.

Piccolo not pleased with Gohan becoming... a civilian.  Haha, Videl's arm candy.  But yeah, with her as your wife, who cares about fighting?

People remember alien invaders (the Saiyans), but completely forgot about Goku saving the world from King Piccolo, and the World Martial Arts Tournaments where people used special powers, including flying.  It wasn't that long ago, and anyone who wasn't alive back then should have, well... records they can read/watch/whatever.

Never heard of a scent like that.  Must have been made up for this joke.

The classic cel animation looks nicer than this.  This is so overly bright and vivid, and lacking in detail and contrast.

I wonder if Chi-Chi feels that way too?

Yeah, Hercule won the DB Universe equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize!!

Eh, I like Goten.  I wouldn't say that's true at all.  The whole thing with him is he's more like Goku, but not as tactless.  Gohan was more gentle and not really like Goku.  Goten's new voice is horrible, though.

Eh, I like Goten.  I wouldn't say that's true at all.  The whole thing with him is he's more like Goku, but not as tactless.  Gohan was more gentle and not really like Goku.  Goten's new voice is horrible, though.

Agreed, I kind of like him.

Yeah, what's up with the voice choice for him?

While GT had many problems I miss Pan.

Agreed, I kind of like him.

Yeah, what's up with the voice choice for him?

While GT had many problems I miss Pan.

Yeah.

I have no idea.  It's like something out of a bad kids show. x_x

Yeah GT wasn't all bad.  A nice what-if story, and I liked how it was more like the original Dragonball, though I still think it should've focused more on the next generation and not Goku again.  I think Pan is still going to be conceived.  Wasn't she inside Videl in the Battle of Gods movie or whatever?

Yeah.

I have no idea.  It's like something out of a bad kids show. x_x

Yeah GT wasn't all bad.  A nice what-if story, and I liked how it was more like the original Dragonball, though I still think it should've focused more on the next generation and not Goku again.  I think Pan is still going to be conceived.  Wasn't she inside Videl in the Battle of Gods movie or whatever?

Yeah, I just read that she does indeed still get born later in Super, though I wonder if the show would ever get far enough where we'd see her get to do her thing.

Yeah, I just read that she does indeed still get born later in Super, though I wonder if the show would ever get far enough where we'd see her get to do her thing.

There would have to be another timeskip.  Which like I said, makes me think the one at the end of Z must be null and void now.  I do really hope we eventually get to see a female Super Saiyan in Super, since Pan didn't go super in GT, and Bra wasn't a fighter.

Ahh, Super.

This first arc is pretty meh because you can just watch Battle of Gods and be done with it. Instead with Super, its dragged on for like 14 episodes with worse animation. Not much incentive to watch other than the novelty of this being a new Dragonball tv series, but hey, whatever.

Ahh, Super.

This first arc is pretty meh because you can just watch Battle of Gods and be done with it. Instead with Super, its dragged on for like 14 episodes with worse animation. Not much incentive to watch other than the novelty of this being a new Dragonball tv series, but hey, whatever.

So it's not the same as the movie animation?  I figured, Toei being Toei, they'd just recycle that and put in some new in-between stuff.  The stuff this episode with Goku having to get a job and Goten and Trunks hijinks was legitimately fun, I thought, though.

I saw Battle of Gods, but not Resurrection F.  If that's redone in the series in similar manner there's probably no sense in me waiting to see it in Super form, then?

Either way, you know I'm going to keep watching this, lol.

Lol call him Goku Black.

Black Goku makes it sound like he's of African descent.

Should've called him Dark Goku or Evil Goku or something.  Goku Black is some real Engrish shit.

Though I gotta' say such a concept sounds fun and I look forward to it!

I'm guessing he never got knocked on his noggin as a baby like our Goku?

So it's not the same as the movie animation?  I figured, Toei being Toei, they'd just recycle that and put in some new in-between stuff.  The stuff this episode with Goku having to get a job and Goten and Trunks hijinks was legitimately fun, I thought, though.

I saw Battle of Gods, but not Resurrection F.  If that's redone in the series in similar manner there's probably no sense in me waiting to see it in Super form, then?

Either way, you know I'm going to keep watching this, lol.

No, Toei reanimated it. They don't use anything animation wise from the movie. But it's basically the same with some small differences. Same with the Ressurection of F arc. We don't get true new content (well, excluding some slice of life episodes like this one) until 27 episodes in.

I mean, watch if you want, but it's just a more dragged out Battle of Gods.  >:D

No, Toei reanimated it. They don't use anything animation wise from the movie. But it's basically the same with some small differences. Same with the Ressurection of F arc. We don't get true new content (well, excluding some slice of life episodes like this one) until 27 episodes in.

I mean, watch if you want, but it's just a more dragged out Battle of Gods.  >:D

Probably won't have some of that semi-3D cgi stuff, which I wasn't really sure about, myself.  Well, Kai wasn't, and Final Chapters won't be, "new content", either, so it's all good. 8) Dragonball is Dragonball!  But I'm glad it's only like 27 episodes and not 50 or 60 or something, haha.

Hahahaha.  Well, like I said, I'm a Dragonball junkie, so you know I will.  I enjoyed every episode of the original DBZ and never felt it was "slow", either, haha.

I remember when I first saw Bleach and Ichigo's training would be in 1-3 episodes, or a short flashback, and I was like O_O

:D :D :D :D

By the way, I was thinking, Launch disappeared because Toriyama forgot about her.  But since he's conscious of her now, could she return in Super?  At the end of Dragonball, it was implied that she was going to hook up with Tien.  Or do you think it would look even worse to have a character reappear eons later with no explanation for why they disappeared in the first place?

By the way, I was thinking, Launch disappeared because Toriyama forgot about her.  But since he's conscious of her now, could she return in Super?  At the end of Dragonball, it was implied that she was going to hook up with Tien.  Or do you think it would look even worse to have a character reappear eons later with no explanation for why they disappeared in the first place?

It's possible. Dragonball Super likes to pull on your nostalgia heartstrings, so they've brought back many old conventions that DBZ dropped.