UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode 1 Discussion Thread, Toonami Premiere

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to some extent, gumdam puts heavy emphasis on the mental development and lives of the pilots, unlike some other giant robot series

I'm just not that big into Mecha series.  I only ever got into one.  And it wasn't really because of the mecha in it.

Dat music.

Holy... I need to get my ass back in the recliner!  I'm missing some awesome action sequences and animation!

So this takes place 17 years after the original Gundam?  What was all that about a new century, then?  Figured this would be a hundred years later.

What does that 0083 and 0096 shit all mean anyway?  Just placement in the timeline?  But I already don't understand the timeline. x_x

Heh, the art style and character designs are like 70s and 80s anime.  Those times when characters were softer and rounder, and had... such hair! :)

Speaking of, she's got some softness and roundness. 8)

aside from the occult magical elemnts, Code Geass is a Gundam series. same plot type. same character design, same dramatic elements and political discourse. it was a Gundam love-letter packed with allusions to the franchise that spawned it. not to mention it was created by the same production company.

The artstyle is pretty weird. And what's with everybody being a little kid?

The art style is like classic anime!  Like the original Gundam and... Robotech!  It's lovely!

Dunno about kids.  Hopefully they won't be annoying.  Don't think they are little kids, though.  Teenagers probably.

The art style is like classic anime!  Like the original Gundam and... Robotech!  It's lovely!

Dunno about kids.  Hopefully they won't be annoying.  Don't think they are little kids, though.  Teenagers probably.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of 80's anime style.

But don't worry about the kids.  I'm sure we'll get to see them throughout the whole series.

aside from the occult magical elemnts, Code Geass is a Gundam series. same plot type. same character design, same dramatic elements and political discourse. it was a Gundam love-letter packed with allusions to the franchise that spawned it. not to mention it was created by the same production company.

Well, not sure about all that.  Code Geass had those horrible CLAMP character designs, and the suits had like roller blades or whatever and didn't really walk, plus they were smaller.  Plus the show was way more obnoxious and horrible than any Gundam series, and seemed to have some influence from Death Note.  But, aside from that...

I'm surprised that a lot of people don't know the Universal Century timeline. 0079 is the year that Amuro's father creates the original Gundam and also the year of the One Year War (Mobile Suit Gundam). Between 0079 and 0093 (Char's Counterattack) are the vast majority of the other UC series which are mostly noteworthy stories involving insurrections against the new world order by Zeon, and that's really all one needs to know.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of 80's anime style.

But don't worry about the kids.  I'm sure we'll get to see them throughout the whole series.

How can you not be?  Robotech... T__T And Dragonball/Z was 80s/early 90s.  It had a unique art style, though.

Well they seem to be the main characters... x_x

I just hope this main guy isn't like Amuro, the main character from the original Mobile Suit Gundam, who was an extremely annoying whiny, crying bitch.  I mean, Shinji had to get it from somewhere, right?