UnevenEdge

so i think my foot is broken

wacky1980

i was moving some folding tables with one of my bartenders a few weeks ago. they're older, wooden tables and they're pretty heavy. anyways, this particular bartender is a guy, but not particularly masculine. i was actually surprised he was lugging the tables around with me, until he decided it was too much work. he said he felt like he "was getting a splinter" so he just let go of his end with no warning. the bounce of his end off the ground jarred my end out of my grip, and it dropped, edge-first, square across the bridge of my foot. in that moment, i was positive my foot was broken. but nothing swelled up, i could (kinda) walk around on it, and it seemed like it was getting a little better after a couple days. no big deal, i ain't dead so let's move on.

but it never really felt right after that. every time i slide my foot into a shoe, or if one of the kids is standing on my feet like kids tend to do, i get a sharp pain at a particular point across the top of my foot. i mean, it fucking HURTS in that moment. then the pain is instantly gone again after the pressure goes away. this has been going on for almost a month now. it's not been getting any less painful or frequent.

there's also a dent in the top of my foot where the table dropped on it. i feel like that's probably the most telling sign of some kind of fracture or crack. i'm debating whether i should go to the doctor and deal with it, or if it's probably too late by now. and i don't want to wear one of those fucking boot braces for the next few weeks. it's my right foot, so that would probably make it difficult to negotiate gas/brake. so is it worth it to go to the doc, or maybe give it another month to be sure?

Sue him.

It's common fucking sense to communicate as clearly as possible with a lifting partner.

Even just shouting the words "Down! Down! Down!" could have indicated a drop on his end and you could have braced for the sudden change in weight distribution.

What a dumbass.

Sue him.

It's common fucking sense to communicate as clearly as possible with a lifting partner.

Even just shouting the words "Down! Down! Down!" could have indicated a drop on his end and you could have braced for the sudden change in weight distribution.

What a dumbass.

that's a good idea. sue the guy who's working a second job to take care of his wife and two kids. the courts couldn't squeeze enough out of him to pay for my first visit. plus, i have insurance so i'll put it to good use instead of ruining that dude's life over a slip up. you're a real fucking winner.

i was moving some folding tables with one of my bartenders a few weeks ago. they're older, wooden tables and they're pretty heavy. anyways, this particular bartender is a guy, but not particularly masculine. i was actually surprised he was lugging the tables around with me, until he decided it was too much work. he said he felt like he "was getting a splinter" so he just let go of his end with no warning. the bounce of his end off the ground jarred my end out of my grip, and it dropped, edge-first, square across the bridge of my foot. in that moment, i was positive my foot was broken. but nothing swelled up, i could (kinda) walk around on it, and it seemed like it was getting a little better after a couple days. no big deal, i ain't dead so let's move on.

but it never really felt right after that. every time i slide my foot into a shoe, or if one of the kids is standing on my feet like kids tend to do, i get a sharp pain at a particular point across the top of my foot. i mean, it fucking HURTS in that moment. then the pain is instantly gone again after the pressure goes away. this has been going on for almost a month now. it's not been getting any less painful or frequent.

there's also a dent in the top of my foot where the table dropped on it. i feel like that's probably the most telling sign of some kind of fracture or crack. i'm debating whether i should go to the doctor and deal with it, or if it's probably too late by now. and i don't want to wear one of those fucking boot braces for the next few weeks. it's my right foot, so that would probably make it difficult to negotiate gas/brake. so is it worth it to go to the doc, or maybe give it another month to be sure?

Hahahaha serves you right for messing with me.

Hahahaha serves you right for messing with me.

lol, i guess if you want to call my posts toward you as me messing with you, then i guess something as trivial as a possibly broken foot would be on the same level. now, if i were to actually mess with you with effort (that you don't deserve, but for the sake of argument), we'd probably be looking at terminal ass cancer as "fitting the crime".

lol, i guess if you want to call my posts toward you as me messing with you, then i guess something as trivial as a possibly broken foot would be on the same level. now, if i were to actually mess with you with effort (that you don't deserve, but for the sake of argument), we'd probably be looking at terminal ass cancer as "fitting the crime".

I think I'd be ok, I've seen your definition of effort. You'd end up with a stubbed toe.

that's a good idea. sue the guy who's working a second job to take care of his wife and two kids. the courts couldn't squeeze enough out of him to pay for my first visit. plus, i have insurance so i'll put it to good use instead of ruining that dude's life over a slip up. you're a real fucking winner.

When two people assume things, ladies and gentlemen.

When two people assume things, ladies and gentlemen.

i assumed nothing. that particular employee has been an acquaintance of mine for years. i'm good friends with his mother. and i know his financial situation quite well, which is why i gave him a job in the first place.

or perhaps you're referring to your own assumptions? because those are pretty commonly asinine.

i assumed nothing. that particular employee has been an acquaintance of mine for years. i'm good friends with his mother. and i know his financial situation quite well, which is why i gave him a job in the first place.

or perhaps you're referring to your own assumptions? because those are pretty commonly asinine.

You assumed I knew the guy was a charity case.

You wouldn't have left there with a broken foot

It's gotta be a bruised bone if you can walk on it

A bone bruise is a type of traumatic injury. It is less severe than a bone fracture. It causes blood and fluid to build up at in and around your injured bone: You may have symptoms such as pain, swelling, and a change in color of the injured area.

I'm not sure but time is probably the best thing for it

You wouldn't have left there with a broken foot

It's gotta be a bruised bone if you can walk on it

A bone bruise is a type of traumatic injury. It is less severe than a bone fracture. It causes blood and fluid to build up at in and around your injured bone: You may have symptoms such as pain, swelling, and a change in color of the injured area.

I'm not sure but time is probably the best thing for it

i'd prefer it to not be broken, so this is encouraging.

i'd prefer it to not be broken, so this is encouraging.

Sorry, dude - the only way to rule out a fracture is with an xray. I've seen people walk on broken feet and ankles and write with broken hands. Not necessarily well, but I have seen it done.

Now get your ass around and call the doctor. You might want to call your insurance and make sure they cover chantix, too, and if so, for how long.

Sorry, dude - the only way to rule out a fracture is with an xray. I've seen people walk on broken feet and ankles and write with broken hands. Not necessarily well, but I have seen it done.

Now get your ass around and call the doctor. You might want to call your insurance and make sure they cover chantix, too, and if so, for how long.

i still plan on going. it's just encouraging to hear that there's things other than a fracture that could be going on.

i'm pretty sure my group policy covers chantix. it's a really good policy. but i'll double-check before i go in (probably next week).